Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
he's f***ing 20 years old. not every player drafted is going to be an NHL star immediately. Are you going to tell me every single player taken outside the top 10 are busts since they haven't done much if anything at the pro level? Have some patience.

bzVdLVR.png
Relax man............we are carrying on......
That said, you have to be pretty underwhelmed by his Jr career. Hoping for more in Laval.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Relax man............we are carrying on......
That said, you have to be pretty underwhelmed by his Jr career. Hoping for more in Laval.

5 years ago his two WJCs would be enough to have him heralded a superstar here.

His junior career has enough peaks and two similarly timed production drops to say that his upside remains high but the consistency hasn't followed yet.

He's not a bust, not at all, but I would say the likelihood he's a Montreal Canadiens long term is low. There's too many top 6 pieces already in place that he'd have to take off like a developmental rocket in Laval to overcome those odds.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

His junior career has enough peaks and two similarly timed production drops to say that his upside remains high but the consistency hasn't followed yet.

He's not a bust, not at all, but I would say the likelihood he's a Montreal Canadiens long term is low. There's too many top 6 pieces already in place that he'd have to take off like a developmental rocket in Laval to overcome those odds.

There are occasions, albeit rare ones, where young players actually fare better in the pros than in junior, so who knows, maybe it'll be his case.

I mean, the skill and skating are there, but to me, if he makes it, it'll be as a complementary winger at the next level, which is nothing to be ashamed of, there's always a need for crafty, high-IQ players.

But with Demidov and Hage added, the emergence of Roy, and the trade for Laine (which is only a year older than Suzuki), he suddenly has a more stiffer competition ahead, which is great for us, perhaps not that much for him, cause I can't picture him as anything else than a top-6 player if he's going to thrive.

In the end, I hope I'm wrong and he gets much more consistent in every facets of the game.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Small, last thing team needs. Can't see much of a chance here. Wasted first

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
That's a fair point.
Of course right now we’re still seeing too much smallish players in the line up lol but maybe in 3-4 years when pretty much only Caufield is small, they could have another one surrounded by bigger guys.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Of course right now we’re still seeing too much smallish players in the line up lol but maybe in 3-4 years when pretty much only Caufield is small, they could have another one surrounded by bigger guys.
With Hutson and Caufield in your line up you have to think that's close to the limit of smallish players if they want to contend, maybe one more.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
But with Demidov and Hage added, the emergence of Roy, and the trade for Laine (which is only a year older than Suzuki), he suddenly has a more stiffer competition ahead, which is great for us, perhaps not that much for him, cause I can't picture him as anything else than a top-6 player if he's going to thrive
I’m not making predictions, but I’ll say this - they only have 4 players in the top 6 who are LOCKS, long term. NS, CC, Slaf, Demi. They’ll all be making big $$. The other 2 have to return to form AND fit within Cap structure on their next contract. Otherwise, they’re gone. It’s good to have players like Hage and Mesar in the pipeline.

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
The prob with this pick is it seems to be a pick made solely to make slaf have a comfy transition, we havent targeted someone with mesars build or character since they selected him, just going off all the other draft picks and picks ups through trade, I get he was slotted to go around that place but the pick seemed off at the time as well imo

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
We drafted him where he was expected to go , hes a smallish but very skilled and fast prospect. He does not look like hes going to hit his potential but it was a decent pick

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
With Hutson and Caufield in your line up you have to think that's close to the limit of smallish players if they want to contend, maybe one more.
Dunno TB won the cup with

Kucherov 5'11
Point 5'10
Tyler Johnson 5'08
Yanni Gourde 5'09
Blake Coleman 5'11

All those guys played an important role in playoffs. Skills matter more than size tbh. As long as we surround our small players with guys like Hedman we should be fine. Slaf is big, Dach is big, Demidov and Hage are not small. Our defense outside of Hutson is big. We'll be fine.

Reactions: Tyson

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Dunno TB won the cup with

Kucherov 5'11
Point 5'10
Tyler Johnson 5'08
Yanni Gourde 5'09
Blake Coleman 5'11

All those guys played an important role in playoffs. Skills matter more than size tbh. As long as we surround our small players with guys like Hedman we should be fine. Slaf is big, Dach is big, Demidov and Hage are not small. Our defense outside of Hutson is big. We'll be fine.
Motor and tenacity count for a lot too

Coleman/Gourde are maybe not the biggest but they play like if they were 6’3

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The prob with this pick is it seems to be a pick made solely to make slaf have a comfy transition, we havent targeted someone with mesars build or character since they selected him, just going off all the other draft picks and picks ups through trade, I get he was slotted to go around that place but the pick seemed off at the time as well imo
Mesar wasn't going to be in the NHL nor AHL so what does it change for him to be there for Slaf's comfort? Being part of another organization would have given the same result. That reasoning doesn't have a lot of logic.

Reactions: junyab

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
Mesar wasn't going to be in the NHL nor AHL so what does it change for him to be there for Slaf's comfort? Being part of another organization would have given the same result. That reasoning doesn't have a lot of logic.
how is their no logic when they from the same country, was KH first draft and wanted insurance, more than possible

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Ugh. HockeyDB scouts are back at it again. I've watched this kid play in Kitchener for 2 years. I'm not going to re-spew my observations from previous posts but he's far from a bust, but also not a guaranteed star either.

All I'd like to see is everyone give him a full AHL season or at least watch his games before you make conclusions from point total only.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

No way man you promised me a large helping of crow, can't walk that back before the season even starts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad