GDT: 2022-23 season game 65 LA Kings vs Washington Capitals @7:30pm 3/6/23

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
Thats a really good point re forcing a trade and keeping all his leverage now he's here (by not signing an extension). I hope he agrees to a fair deal.. this is the kind of core defender all great teams have at least one of.
I'm starting to fear he's playing too well, which will drive up his contract value and the number of interested teams.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
I'm starting to fear he's playing too well, which will drive up his contract value and the number of interested teams.
This is what I was thinking, he looks really good. If he keeps it up and has a good playoffs he'll be getting some big contract offers

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This is what I was thinking, he looks really good. If he keeps it up and has a good playoffs he'll be getting some big contract offers

Luckily the Kings have 3 months to work on him......and plan an offer out, by moving out players etc......

Reactions: YAYSAY

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Now how many good teams have the cap space to sign him this off season? It's possible that will factor in. Rather than just signing the biggest contract with a team that is going to suck for the entirety of his stay there. That's why I think it's very important that the support system of the team really gets his wife to fall in love with the advantages of playing in LA.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
The problem with blocking (at least for me) is that it prevented me from seeing the nonsense that they were saying. And then I get a PM from a friend here saying “Hey Axl is calling you out on this thread” or “TruKingFan is making stuff up that you said again” so it was better to just be able to see it and address it.

But yeah, it’s really unfortunate that we have people like this on this forum, because outside of them there is a lot of good discussion happening. But go look at those guys posts, it’s amazing, it’s the same stuff over and over again. There is absolutely no substantive hockey discussion at all, it’s finding anything negative someone says about the team and then replying with a 1-2 sentence response calling them stupid. I just don’t know how that doesn’t get boring and how they can spend so much time on this forum.
Aint this the truth. Absolute spot on. I haven't ignored anyone or will I. I respect everyones opinions be it bad or good. I enjoy reading everyone's hockey takes. Most folks here on the Kings board are super knowledgeable and really insiteful about hockey and I've learned a lot from many of you guys through the years. But man there are a few that can get way over the top triggered. Too funny, makes me chuckle and I just move on. But yeah it does get pretty unbearable at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad