Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Didn't get to see the Memorial Cup but was wondering about two of the Saint John's forwards Ryan Francis and Josh Lawrence.

Francis was drafted (but not signed) by Calgary while Lawrence was never selected.

Anything worth pursuing with either player or was their performance more the result of playing on a superior team?

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Curious as to how the Devils still hold the rights to Jaromir Pytlik.

Was under the impression that since he was drafted from the CHL he had to be signed by June 1.

What did I miss?

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
1 Luke Hughes
2 Simon Nemec
3 Shakir Mukhamadullin
4 Seamus Casey
5 Nikita Okhotyuk
6 Kevin Bahl
7 Reilly Walsh
8 Daniil Misyul
9 Daniil Orlov
10 Michael Vukojevic
11 Ethan Edwards
12 Charlie Leddy
13 Case McCarthy
14 Artem Barabosha

How stupid is this depth
Holy shit lol. Case McCarthy at 13 speaks volumes to how *potentially* stacked we are at D.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I have zero expectations for Hurtig, who I assume will spend 4 years in college starting next year.

But we’re doing something with Vilén.

Yeah, just turned 20 and will be at NCAA Michigan State in the fall. 6'6'/198 is not bad and he will put on muscle weight with college hockey's regular physical development program. Numbers back home don't speak to much promise. Maybe MSU finds and develops what he's been missing, LOL.

Maybe a little more hope for Vilen. He just turned 19 and has played a full season in the Liiga and is slated to play there again this season, although he has signed with the Devils. Round 5 in the 2021 draft. Not a great chance, but who knows.

Would be more impressed if a couple of those older, undrafted, high point producers were given a shot and sent to Adirondack>Utica if they surprise at camp.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Surprised to see Foote and Thompson at a development camp. These 2 have already produced at a high level in the AHL and have NHL games under their belts.

It's pretty simple I guess. In order to play games they need enough players. Typical mix of real good prospects, middle of the road prospects, long shot prospects, and little hope undrafted guys praying to become the rare diamond that was missed.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Surprised to see Foote and Thompson at a development camp. These 2 have already produced at a high level in the AHL and have NHL games under their belts.

It's pretty simple I guess. In order to play games they need enough players. Typical mix of real good prospects, middle of the road prospects, long shot prospects, and little hope undrafted guys praying to become the rare diamond that was missed.
I think they like to have a few "veterans" there as a leadership opportunity and to show the new guys the ropes

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think they like to have a few "veterans" there as a leadership opportunity and to show the new guys the ropes
Yes, this is a big part of it and the older prospects often discuss their new role.

They’re always a bit taken back at finding themselves in the veteran role, answering questions and giving directions, advice, etc but they also always seem to enjoy it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yes, this is a big part of it and the older prospects often discuss their new role.

They’re always a bit taken back at finding themselves in the veteran role, answering questions and giving directions, advice, etc but they also always seem to enjoy it.
Thanks guys. Vancouver wasn't big on that. Most of the "Vets" they invited were leery of not having a job. LOL

Reactions: My3Sons

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

Interesting article on Parent and the adversity he has faced. Given his back injury/COVID, NJ maybe getting great value on a highly skilled prospect with pedigree.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Interesting article on Parent and the adversity he has faced. Given his back injury/COVID, NJ maybe getting great value on a highly skilled prospect with pedigree.
Another piece of positive info. Thanx.

Can't read it. Don't speak French. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: