Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Gaucher has one more year in juniors? OR is he AHL bound next year?

Zell and Minty are AHL bound.

Does anyone have a list of who will be eligible to go pro next season our of our prospects?

Here's what I came up with. If I forgot someone notable, then chime in. I excluded Galimov and Sundsvik from the 2020 draft.

DucksProspects
Draft YearLeaguePosPlayerAgePro EligibilityPro ProbabilityReason/Note
2019​
NCAALD/RDLaCombe
22​
YesAlready here
2019​
NCAACJanicke
22​
YesNoStill in college, 5th season
2019​
NCAARDFrancis
22​
YesNoStill in college, Junior
2019​
NCAA (trade)RWCaulfield
22​
YesYesSigned ELC to start 2023-24
2020​
NCAARWColangelo
21​
YesNoStill in college, senior
2020​
NCAARDMoore
21​
YesNoStill in college, Junior
2021​
CHLLD/RDZellweger
19​
YesYes20 yrs old in Sept
2021​
CHLLD/RDHinds
20​
YesYes
2021​
CHLRWPastujov
19​
YesYes20 yrs old in July
2022​
CHLLDMintyukov
19​
YesHigh20 yrs old in Nov
2022​
CHLCGaucher
19​
YesHigh20 yrs old in Nov
2022​
CHLRDWarren
18​
NoNoUnder 20 yrs old
2022​
CHLRDLuneau
19​
NoNo20 yrs old in Jan
2022​
CHLCKing
21​
YesHIghNot signed
2022​
CHLLWHvidston
18​
NoNoUnder 20 yrs old
2022​
NCAARWCallow
19​
YesNoCollege bound
2022​
MHLGButeyets
21​
YesNoNot signed
2023 SummerCHL (UDFA)RWWiebe
21​
YesYesSigned ELC to start 2023-24

• Note:
    • NCAA prospects need to be signed in order to go pro as long as they're 18 yrs old.
    • CHL prospects need to be age 20 before Jan 1st to go pro.
    • Russian prospects have an indefinite rights status to be signed.

Last edited:
Reactions: KelVarnsen

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Victoriaville should be a contender next season. Hopefully he gets the chance to play long playoffs!

Some people thought that it would be Luneau since Victoriaville is his hometown.

Last edited:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Wasn’t he injured for most of the season? I don’t understand how this line of thinking can be used to monitor his development progression
Sure he was recovering from an off-season injury, then got injured again late in the season. But he still got to play 47 games and didn’t progress much from the previous season. For a 2nd round pick there are higher expectations.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Sure he was recovering from an off-season injury, then got injured again late in the season. But he still got to play 47 games and didn’t progress much from the previous season. For a 2nd round pick there are higher expectations.
For 1st rounders too!

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I'd be interested to hear the reasoning why Warren's development is disappointing.
same, dude wasn't drafted to be some offensive dynamo but his P/PG improved from .38 to .42 and his +/- improved from +17 to +22 for people that care about that, and he was just as good with the physical stuff he was drafted for as the year we drafted him.

Reactions: mightyquack

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
His inability to stay on the ice is concerning.
Is it an inability to stay on the ice? He played 33/35 games in 20/21, 69/75 games 21/22 and then only 47/81 games in 22/23. He obviously missed significant time this season but that was a major injury. I'd rather that then him building up a ton of niggly little injuries keeping him off the ice.

I don't think it's a concern just yet personally.

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Is it an inability to stay on the ice? He played 33/35 games in 20/21, 69/75 games 21/22 and then only 47/81 games in 22/23. He obviously missed significant time this season but that was a major injury. I'd rather that then him building up a ton of niggly little injuries keeping him off the ice.

I don't think it's a concern just yet personally.
Well he had the injury last summer as well that kept him out of training camp and then the beginning of his season and then the shoulder thing that ended his season. I get a little queasy when a young, strong, physical kid like him starts missing major time with injuries that go hand in hand with his physicality.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Well he had the injury last summer as well that kept him out of training camp and then the beginning of his season and then the shoulder thing that ended his season. I get a little queasy when a young, strong, physical kid like him starts missing major time with injuries that go hand in hand with his physicality.
That's fair and certainly valid. Fingers crossed that he can stay injury free from this point.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Warren's still young, he doesn't turn 19 until July 15th. I have viewed him as a long term project and not be on the same trajectory as Mintyukov, Zellweger, or Luneau. Hinds has turned out to be a surprise. Warren being 6'5" and 225 as a 17-year old has upside as a shutdown defenseman if he can be developed.

With that said, we have seen injuries derail the development of RD Andersson. RD Drysdale lost a year last season. Which would mean that we should try to keep Moore in our organization. He's a 6'3 shutdown RD who can skate well and improving his offense. Need many darts just in case.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I'm trying to think of one of our prospects historically who have had injury troubles as kids that kind of just went away.
I wouldn’t consider it as having gone away just yet, but after one early injury, Max Jones played 50+ games in a row or so. Fingers crossed all the injury prone stuff is behind him.

Reactions: Kalv

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Warren's still young, he doesn't turn 19 until July 15th. I have viewed him as a long term project and not be on the same trajectory as Mintyukov, Zellweger, or Luneau. Hinds has turned out to be a surprise. Warren being 6'5" and 225 as a 17-year old has upside as a shutdown defenseman if he can be developed.

With that said, we have seen injuries derail the development of RD Andersson. RD Drysdale lost a year last season. Which would mean that we should try to keep Moore in our organization. He's a 6'3 shutdown RD who can skate well and improving his offense. Need many darts just in case.
Hinds has been playing on his off-side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad