Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well, he's 20 and undersized. His lack of assists are alarming as well I would say.

Certainly happy for his success but IMO he has a far way to go.

Reactions: Beckett

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Well, he's 20 and undersized. His lack of assists are alarming as well I would say.

Certainly happy for his success but IMO he has a far way to go.
I agree that he has a ways to go, but the moral boost playing with pros and getting the invite may light a fire. He honestly has a bunch of creativity in his game and getting some tips from Z or even Terry would be nice.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Another late round steal. We need to invite this kid to training camp. Can’t let these college kids walk

College kids can only attend development camp. They will all miss the rookie tourney exhibition and training camp because they're all back on campus for school.

Kukkonen is in his D+2 season. We have two more seasons to sign him.

There are two notable college guys to keep an eye on: RD Moore and RW Colangelo.

6'3 RD Moore is in his D+3 year, second season in the NCAA, and is looking like a good shutdown D with some offense in consecutive seasons in the NCAA. I would love to sign him... this season b/c I'm fearful of Harvard seniors. Harvard seniors have a very high rate of going UFA route if they become seniors.

6'2 RW Colangelo is in his D+3 year, third season in the NCAA. His freshman was lost due to missing most of the season to injury. Then in his sophomore season, Colangelo's production spiked and finished 2nd in team scoring. This year, his game isn't the same. Report on twitter cites Colangelo's skating was just bad. Maybe Colangelo's going through his "sophomore" slump and thought his junior year would be a breeze like his sophomore season. He needs that final season in college and produce to warrant drawing an ELC from the Ducks.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Great video by Derek, a little underwhelmed though with Luneau though in this video. He does possess a passing and skating abilities. But he had some defensive miscues throughout this video.

At 2:55 he completely misreads the play which leads to a scoring chance.. his shift at 3:09 starts with a turnover on the boards leads to another offensive chance.. seems like his partner Boutin is more physical along the boards than he is.

Could be me, but looks promising!
I thought he played a pretty mature game, picked some spots to pinch in but nothing crazy like you'd get from a period of Mintyukov for example.

Defensively sure, positioning and board battles, physicality could use work. He also escapes forecheck at junior level but that's something he will learn next season with Gulls.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I thought he played a pretty mature game, picked some spots to pinch in but nothing crazy like you'd get from a period of Mintyukov for example.

Defensively sure, positioning and board battles, physicality could use work. He also escapes forecheck at junior level but that's something he will learn next season with Gulls.
He is ineligible for the the Gulls next year, he likely returns to Gatineau.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
He is ineligible for the the Gulls next year, he likely returns to Gatineau.
Has this been confirmed?

Everything I've seen about the topic suggests that because he has a November birthday, he'll be eligible for the Gulls after this season.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Honestly looked like a decent hit to me, I guess high but he kinda just skated into the guy

If he would have kept his arms down and finished with the shoulder it would have been a clean hit but he didn't and it wasn't. At least there is evidence that he played though.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Honestly looked like a decent hit to me, I guess high but he kinda just skated into the guy

Gaucher's body is too big for the CHL and it's only his D+1 season. He blew up the guy without taking extra strides nor leaving his feet.

Good thing he turns 20 in November to qualify playing at the AHL level. Love to see that tenacity at the pro level.

Reactions: Yemeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad