Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: The Search for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Say Landy comes back in 2 months. Vrana's cap hit in 2 months won't be much, almost trade deadline level. I think he gets claimed unless he plays like absolute garbage. He has a good contract for next season and only one year left.
I don't think the Avs would take a chance like this especially if it was post-TDL.

Creative, but could potentially lead to issues with the cap this season.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not even close on Bert personally. He's like their Landy, that dude is very valuable to any line they put him on.
I’m personally biased mainly because I think he, like his uncle, is a low-grade cretin of a human being. I get he’s a good player but I would not build around that moron. Frankly I would’ve traded him already.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I’m personally biased mainly because I think he, like his uncle, is a low-grade cretin of a human being. I get he’s a good player but I would not build around that moron. Frankly I would’ve traded him already.
They're not building around him, but he's sort of a fringe part of the core. He was/is a warrior and is very important to that team.

He's not anywhere near Kane level where I'd actually just rather not fk with it. The Vax thing is stupid, but if it's within his rights to do it we live in a free society.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They're not building around him, but he's sort of a fringe part of the core. He was/is a warrior and is very important to that team.

He's not anywhere near Kane level where I'd actually just rather not fk with it. The Vax thing is stupid, but if it's within his rights to do it we live in a free society.
Personal ethics aside (and vaccines are absolutely not a political issue as far I’m concerned) it literally prevented him from playing in seven different cities. Don’t know if the rules have changed or not but if a guy is willing to do that over some supposed issue about “freedom” that’s not a guy I want on my roster.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Personal ethics aside (and vaccines are absolutely not a political issue as far I’m concerned) it literally prevented him from playing in seven different cities. Don’t know if the rules have changed or not but if a guy is willing to do that over some supposed issue about “freedom” that’s not a guy I want on my roster.

I haven't dug into what his reasons are. I'll say this though, having to get the shot just because of working for the Gov despite having Natural immunity was stupid and annoying, but that's all it was.

Trust me on this, if it's whacko reasons he probably has more fans in this state lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well I mean, isn't that what Seattle's going for? They went out of their way to get big, burly defensemen and while they went for some slick skill guys, they still look like they're favoring grit.

Still irks me that even after that huge amount of dissonance between Roy and Pracey, that Pracey was allowed to run another draft.

I really would love to see Roy get another shot at running an NHL team. I'm not confident he could do it, but I'd like to see him get that chance, and the NHL is much more entertaining when he's in it.
Slightly different defensive style… but not completely far off.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If the Avs acquire a LTIRetired player like Ladd and a different player goes on LTIR, could we potentially still have room for Vrana when Landy comes back, assuming a player making $5 mil+ is on LTIR at some point from now till the end of the season?

For example, oh nooo... EJ got hit by a golf cart again, guess he needs to go on LTIR for the rest of the season. bummer.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If the Avs acquire a LTIRetired player like Ladd and a different player goes on LTIR, could we potentially still have room for Vrana when Landy comes back, assuming a player making $5 mil+ is on LTIR at some point from now till the end of the season?

For example, oh nooo... EJ got hit by a golf cart again, guess he needs to go on LTIR for the rest of the season. bummer.
Adding players on LTIR doesn't help in any way. Moving a player from non-LTIR to LTIR helps (if it goes to the end of the season). For example, putting EJ on LTIR allows us to add Vrana, even after Landy comes back.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Adding players on LTIR doesn't help in any way. Moving a player from non-LTIR to LTIR helps (if it goes to the end of the season). For example, putting EJ on LTIR allows us to add Vrana, even after Landy comes back.
Actually in this case it would help.

We currently have 7M in LTIR cap space.

Say you bring in Ladd at 5.5M and LTIR him straight away all of a sudden you have 12.5M of LTIR cap space.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

Say you bring in Ladd at 5.5M and LTIR him straight away all of a sudden you have 12.5M of LTIR cap space.
Yeah, and he's going to eat 5.5M of that space. Back to square one. You can't create cap space out of ether.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I could see that dude trying to play if he can lol. He declined fast, but the dude was a warrior. Who wouldn't on a contender. Is he 100% done? Or you just using it as an example? I haven't watched any of NY this year.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh yah hes done. Been done but when he was younger that guy was a warrior and integral in those cup runs.
The Hawks fans piss me off, just like Pitt and Toronto for different reasons, but they were an entertaining team when there was shit like NJ, AZ, and The Mild around.

Ladd was one of my favorites easily.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I could see that dude trying to play if he can lol. He declined fast, but the dude was a warrior. Who wouldn't on a contender. Is he 100% done? Or you just using it as an example? I haven't watched any of NY this year.
Well it’s a good thing you haven’t because dude is under contract with the Arizona Coyotes at present.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bold prediction: The Avs will acquire Vinny Trocheck after the Rangers trade Alexis Lafreniere as part of a package for Bo Horvat.
Interesting, I thought he wasn't scoring enough anymore to be a 2C? Injuries etc, but I've literally watched like 20% of the hockey I normally do.

I'm guessing they'd need to shed the salary lol?

Bold prediction: The Avs will acquire Vinny Trocheck after the Rangers trade Alexis Lafreniere as part of a package for Bo Horvat.
I know this will make our blood boil, yours more so, but Kane is my prediction.

I'm rarely right in predictions, so hopefully that gives you some comfort. 🤣

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Interesting, I thought he wasn't scoring enough anymore to be a 2C? Injuries etc, but I've literally watched like 20% of the hockey I normally do.

I'm guessing they'd need to shed the salary lol?
I think I'd be okay with this. How has trocheck really been for the rangers? Horvat and Zibby sounds much more dangerous.

Last edited:

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
So is Landy going to pull a Kutch and come back for the first game of the playoffs so we can use his 7m for added cap?

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

- The big swing centers -
1. Bo Horvat
2. Ryan O'Reilly
3. Jonathan Toews

- Notable forwards -
4. Sean Monahan
5. JVR
6. Lars Eller

- Depth pieces -
7. Nick Bjugstad
8. Nick Bonino
9. Noel Acciari

- Depth defensemen -
10. Luke Schenn
11. Jack Johnson
12. Dmitry Kulikov

- Multi-year contributors -
13. Jack Roslovic
14. Anthony Duclair

-A longer-term wildcard -
15. Kevin Hayes

Reactions: shadow1

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

- The big swing centers -
1. Bo Horvat
2. Ryan O'Reilly
3. Jonathan Toews

- Notable forwards -
4. Sean Monahan
5. JVR
6. Lars Eller

- Depth pieces -
7. Nick Bjugstad
8. Nick Bonino
9. Noel Acciari

- Depth defensemen -
10. Luke Schenn
11. Jack Johnson
12. Dmitry Kulikov

- Multi-year contributors -
13. Jack Roslovic
14. Anthony Duclair

-A longer-term wildcard -
15. Kevin Hayes

None of those pieces excite me. Crappy deadline coming. These guys will be overpaid badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad