OT: 2022-2023 NCAA Hockey Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
After watching the Badgers in person last night the only conclusions I drew were

Cruz Lucius = good
Corson Cuelemans = bad
I have the same feelings about Cuelemans though haven’t watched him much recently, outside of size I didn’t see any redeeming qualities to his game, slow, makes poor reads, mishandles the puck, and lacks effort.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
After watching the Badgers in person last night the only conclusions I drew were

Cruz Lucius = good
Corson Cuelemans = bad
Ceulemans just makes such lazy and dumb decisions all the time. It’s like he doesn’t care. He’s got all the talent in the world, but no effort. Biding his time till he turns pro maybe…. Just like K’Andre Miller did.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Very fun Minnesota/Michigan game tonight.

Faber with the penalty drawn in OT put the Gophs on the PP where they win it with 8 seconds left.

Couple of early whistles cost each team goals (Michigan's in OT).

Just a ton of talent on the ice.

I think Faber has some pretty sneaky offensive instincts.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wildabeast

Jan 28, 2022

Faber with the penalty drawn in OT put the Gophs on the PP where they win it with 8 seconds left.

The knies goal waved early was sooo bad. Exactly how Cooley scored against Germany. The one in O.T wasn't as egregious but I couldn't tell watching on my desktop PC very well.

Those Michigan goals were infuriating because they were caused by lazy plays behind their own net by Johnson and Nelson. Both had rough games. Loved lacombe, and Brody lamb is starting to show potential as well among the freshman not named Cooley or Chelsey who was also great.

Parax

Aug 26, 2018

I didn't watch last night but in the Gopher games I have seen this season it does seem like Faber is a defensive defender more because that's how he's used more than because he doesn't have offensive skills.

Similar to Brodin I think we will hope Faber can find some offense in his game. From what I've seen I think that will happen. Much more comfortable and capable with the puck than a lot of defenders that get labeled as strictly defensive.

Wildabeast

Jan 28, 2022
I didn't watch last night but in the Gopher games I have seen this season it does seem like Faber is a defensive defender more because that's how he's used more than because he doesn't have offensive skills.

Similar to Brodin I think we will hope Faber can find some offense in his game. From what I've seen I think that will happen. Much more comfortable and capable with the puck than a lot of defenders that get labeled as strictly defensive.

The thing is MN has a lot of skilled offensive defenseman, and faber is like the rear guard most of the time but make no mistake he's very capable of creating of the rush. Has to save their a$$es a lot though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Faber looks solid, and is a vg college Dman, but he doesn’t stick out to me-as anything special. Sorry- hope I’m wrong, but that’s how I see it. IMO it is overly optimistic to pencil him into the starting NHL lineup next year from the get go. The AHL is a step up from the NCAA, which is a significant step below the NHL. For Dman, especially defensive Dman, it’s a tougher transition than if you are, say, a winger. It takes time to adjust, and some simply don’t make the adjustment.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Faber looks solid, and is a vg college Dman, but he doesn’t stick out to me-as anything special. Sorry- hope I’m wrong, but that’s how I see it. IMO it is overly optimistic to pencil him into the starting NHL lineup next year from the get go. The AHL is a step up from the NCAA, which is a significant step below the NHL. For Dman, especially defensive Dman, it’s a tougher transition than if you are, say, a winger. It takes time to adjust, and some simply don’t make the adjustment.
I don't think he's going to walk into the NHL like McAvoy did, but I've been pretty impressed with him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think he's going to walk into the NHL like McAvoy did, but I've been pretty impressed with him.
I hope you’re right. The team will need him next year, and they have no cap to go out and get someone decent

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
5-0 in the 2nd period against MSU. o_O

Have Snuggerud envy. That kid can shoot.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Man, I'm going to miss watching this top line. Probably my favorite since the Rau/Bjugstad/Budish times, and before them, the early/mid-2000's.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
The kid is a clinic on how to play the position. Great skater. Watch him when he decides to take it up the ice.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Gotta love not being able to watch my shitty hockey team cause BTN has to show the end to a basketball game between two shitty teams.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad