2021 Roster Thread XVI - Where thoughts are both sweet and sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Friedman saying Farabee is the only untouchable doesn’t mean the flyers would trade everyone on the roster. There are easily players I would move TK for in packages and such.

Now, if Fletcher moves TK or any other player just to shake it up, I’ll be the first to be down knocking on his office door in the Well.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This is less stupid and has some logic behind it lol

tenor.gif

Reactions: Rebels57

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Farabee? Untouchable? What???

If everyone else is hypothetically tradable then there's no reason for him not to be.
I mean I wouldn’t make any of my players untouchable if I were a GM but their are relationships and shit behind the scenes that are built in the organization.

They must really be happy with Farabee overall with his progression.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Trading Schenn for 1sts is the opposite of adding to your core. Again though, I wasn’t opposed to making moves like that at the time. However, it shouldn’t take a decade to become an annual playoff team.

Hayes and JVR aren’t significant pieces. We can agree to disagree there.

Chicago: Hossa
LA: Richards/Carter
Pittsburgh: Kessel
Washington: Oshie
St. Louis: Schenn/O’Rielly
Tampa: McDonagh/Sergachev

An addition of that caliber was needed these past 2 years. If you weren’t trying to win a Stanley cup until 2025 this entire time, I’m not sure why you haven’t been advocating moving 28/93 these past few years.

especially when we had cap space at the time, he choose to not add nothing to team especially in 2018 when the core was playing at a high level, we could have probably won a cup if he added players especially depth players and a goalie

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Friedman saying Farabee is the only untouchable doesn’t mean the flyers would trade everyone on the roster. There are easily players I would move TK for in packages and such.

Now, if Fletcher moves TK or any other player just to shake it up, I’ll be the first to be down knocking on his office door in the Well.

People do realize you can shake it up while also doing a hockey trade right?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
People do realize you can shake it up while also doing a hockey trade right?
Yes, for sure. However I am not too confident that they will come out on the right side of that type of move. Generally teams making that move don’t end up on the right side of that move.

I would be much more at ease if Fletcher was trying to take advantage of teams similar to the flyers.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I mean I wouldn’t make any of my players untouchable if I were a GM but their are relationships and shit behind the scenes that are built in the organization.

They must really be happy with Farabee overall with his progression.

Farabee was roughly a 60 point player this season. He's also a RFA for quite some time. I think people are mistaking the term "untouchable".

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Trading Schenn for 1sts is the opposite of adding to your core. Again though, I wasn’t opposed to making moves like that at the time. However, it shouldn’t take a decade to become an annual playoff team.

Hayes and JVR aren’t significant pieces. We can agree to disagree there.

Chicago: Hossa
LA: Richards/Carter
Pittsburgh: Kessel
Washington: Oshie
St. Louis: Schenn/O’Rielly
Tampa: McDonagh/Sergachev

An addition of that caliber was needed these past 2 years. If you weren’t trying to win a Stanley cup until 2025 this entire time, I’m not sure why you haven’t been advocating moving 28/93 these past few years.

JVR is as good as Kessel. Kessel ES 42, 37, 50, 46, JVR 35, 39 (PR), 45 (PR), JVR actually make an effort on defense.
Richards had one good season and playoff in LA, next three years he steadily declined.
Oshie was a solid role player, ES 34, 40, 29, 39, 44 (PR), 40 (PR), PO, 66 g, 10 ES, 13 PP goals.
Schenn ES 51, 42, 43 (PR), 40
ROR ES 52, 49 (PR), 59 (PR)

Sergachev cost Drouin (#3)
Schenn cost Farabee and Frost, Farabee is already the better player
ROR was a steal (Buf should have insisted on Thomas or Kyrou instead of Thompson)
Oshie was a steal for Brower, Copley and a 3rd
Kessel & 2nd for 1st and Kapanen
Richards for 2nd, Schenn and Simmonds
Carter for 1st rd and Jack Johnson
Hossa FA

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
When is the last time that the Flyers traded a somewhat significant piece that wasn't trending downwards? B. Schenn? Oddly enough I still think he was the wrong piece to be traded at the time. I don't think this club has the gull to actually trade a player that they feel has that "FlYeRs IdEnTiTY"

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I really hope in the future I don't yell "well you can't use this antiquated technology" as if anybody cares all at the same time not being able to understand or use half of the new and relevant technology surrounding me.

Beyond that I can drive stick and I'm sure most millennials can. Plus you can learn that shit in like a few hours of driving one anyways.

Also I wonder which of the dummies on the ignore list started this convo off. Feels like a deceased body part thing to say.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I really hope in the future I don't yell "well you can't use this antiquated technology" as if anybody cares all at the same time not being able to understand or use half of the new and relevant technology surrounding me.

Beyond that I can drive stick and I'm sure most millennials can. Plus you can learn that shit in like a few hours of driving one anyways.

Also I wonder which of the dummies on the ignore list started this convo off. Feels like a deceased body part thing to say.
The one who had a meltdown when Provorov didn't get a hug after a goal.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The youngest millenials turn 25 this year. The oldest are hitting the big 4-0. It never ceases to amuse me that they're permanently 21 in the eyes of the media or a certain set of boomers.
I just turned 25 and I’ve been told I’m a millennial and a Gen Z by different people lol. Idk what the cutoff is. Isn’t it usually major events that you can remember? For millennials it’s 9/11 right? Although I wasn’t here for that I still know where I was.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Stick shifts are obsolete technology. Just something to show off a useless skill.

Very few game changing players move from teams, and those that do are often b/c they turned out not to be game changers.
The players who move are expensive good starters, especially 2nd and 3rd line guys, by teams either dumping salary, making room for younger players, or looking for a better fit.

You don't trade players like Farabee, even for players like Eichel, b/c he's going to be so much cheaper for the next half dozen years. When you trade for high cost players, you have to account for the impact on a flat cap as well as the assets that player will cost - Edmonton and Toronto show the futility of building around 3 or 4 stars who eat half your cap and kill your depth.

The tradeable guys are the ones with cap hits that can match up with trade targets, then you balance the scales of the deal with prospects/draft picks going one direction or the other.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
You know, every generation thinks the previous generation was too rigid and the next generation is too soft.

In reality, it's just the march of time (progress?).

People confuse "better" with "meaningful to me" and try to argue like it's some objective truth.
I agree, it's really a stupid mentality

Reactions: flyersnorth

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A few offers from the main boards:

Boeser, Schmidt + Van's 2021 1st (#9) for Konecny, Laughton + Myers

Marner + Rielly for Provorov + Konecny

Connor for Konecny.......but then said they could also see Stanley for Sanheim...lol

Reactions: TheKingPin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A few offers from the main boards:

Boeser, Schmidt + Van's 2021 1st (#9) for Konecny, Laughton + Myers

Marner + Rielly for Provorov + Konecny

Connor for Konecny.......but then said they could also see Stanley for Sanheim...lol

In honor of that media dude:

JVR and Voracek (full retention) to Florida for Bobrovsky

Reactions: Flyer lurker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad