2021 Roster Discussion -- The Season Begins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I really don't understand why you are carrying 3 extras when the taxi squad is there, seems like a waste of cap space.

You can carry 23 on the main roster an 4-6 on the taxi squad that travels with the team.

there are isdue with Quinn and going to taxi and availability to the team.
Irwin and Lazar/Sheehan are subject to waivers.

I do t know the details of taxi squad capacity vs what’s against the nhl roster.

there may be rules like if you only carry 20 player you can only carry 4 on the taxi squad while a 23 man can carry 6.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I really don't understand why you are carrying 3 extras when the taxi squad is there, seems like a waste of cap space.

My guess is that Irwin and Lazar are the guys who'll be there all season, and Quinn is there so he can keep practicing with the team at least until the AHL starts (or OHL, whenever they figure out how they're proceeding this season). Maybe he'll get couple games if someone else struggles or is injured and he's doing well in practice, but my gut says they just want to keep him around the NHL team until it's time for him to get in game action somewhere else.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Harrington immediately threw a hissy fit, destroyed the dressing room and stormed out of the arena!!:naughty:
Of course, the remote journo only made himself more angry when he realized the dressing room he destroyed... was his own.

Let us not venture down the path of why he calls his love nest "the arena," please.

Wait, are they actually in the real arena interviewing players live?

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Good on you Jack

And then they went to study video of the Caps and some prankster substituted this:

p14569_p_v10_ay.jpg

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Roster Juggling
Sabres piece lineup together ahead of Thursday's season opener

Jack Quinn is not on the Sabres' taxi squad, and he didn’t practice with the main group. Instead, was over at LECOM Harborcenter practicing with Amerks players waiting for the beginning of their training camp on Friday at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester.

“We’re keeping him fit around the Harborcenter, and Rochester is kicking off [training camp] Friday, so we haven’t made a final decision yet on Jack," said Krueger following Wednesday's practice. "He did skate with the taxi squad, where we will have him positioned eventually.”

In other words they don't know what to do with him yet. Wouldn't surprise me if they announce he's been loaned to a team in Europe.

Forward Brandon Biro was called up at 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday, but he wasn’t at practice on Wednesday.

Adams said I need a pen and they called up Biro.

Forward Riley Sheahan is listed at CapFriendly as a NHL non-roster player, and he did not have a line to play on in practice.
Krueger: patience Grasshopper, all will be revealed when the synergistic forces reach confluence.

Practice Lines Thursday:
Forwards:
Hall - Eichel - Thompson
Olofsson - Staal - Reinhart
Rieder - Eakin - Cozens
Skinner - Lazar - Asplund
Sheahan
Defense:
McCabe - Ristolainen
Dahlin - Montour
Miller - Jokiharju
Irwin - Borgen

Jeff Skinner announced he wants to move far away from his parents house.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@ForsbergMoDo21

**..........But I think people just want to see Skinner in a position to rebound to his 40 goal form, rather than a position more similar to what saw him on pace to pot 20..........**

Thats from your response to me in the closed roster speculation thread.

The 20 goal pace I was referring to was 5v5 goals. But he was also on pace for 20 goals overall because he was only scoring at 5v5.

Breaking down Skinner’s goals
40 goal season/averages 8yrs as a Cane/last season.

5v5 goals ——————-> 27/20/20 pace
PP goals ———————> 8/6/0
**ES (non 5v5) goals -> 5/3/0
Total goals —————-> 40/29/20 pace

** either goalie pulled, 4v4, 3v3

The most you could hope for putting Skinner with Jack is he is able to tie his career best 5v5 goal total (27) again . But even if he pulled that off, he still needs another 13 goals to reach 40.

Skinner with or away from Eichel is probably best described as a decision between him scoring 20 or 25 goals. His total goals is a different matter influenced by PP time and how coaches will use Skinner in those ES (non 5v5) situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paxon

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Who knew in the off-season that the Sabres would be trying to spend to the cap at the beginning of the season?

Member 308457

I can't take Krueger's handling of Skinner. I wish they'd eat his salary and trade him. Skinner used to wear such a big smile in his first year here. Now, not so much.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Asked before but didn't get an answer:

Did Cozens play primarily at RW or center at the WJC after Dach was hurt. I can't remember. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad