Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I know some people really like Raty still. Does everything well but score. Sounds like he'd be a favorite around here.

Haha you think they don’t pick Power
Well I mean he's the unanimous guy according to McKenzie so probably but how do you take a guy that doesn't really have a path to the first pair or first PP? I guess Dahlin can and has played the right side, but yeah...

Also kind of funny that defensemen rarely go 1-1 and Buffalo could do it twice in four years!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Buffalo’s franchise center wants out; their best winger wants out; their supposed to be franchise defender is on a developmental rollercoaster. Their depth is a mess. Imagine if Buffalo traded down with the pick for multiple assets, including light-no protected futures, if there’s a team out there that feels differently. There’s not a real 1-1 candidate; the top prospects each have flaws or ceiling concerns. Those top 2 consensus defensemen would make me think twice, and the forwards might not be stars either. Maybe Eklund? But Buffalo going wing seems unlikely.

I don’t expect them to do this because Buffalo. But man, if ever there was a case for pure value.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Buffalo’s franchise center wants out; their best winger wants out; their supposed to be franchise defender is on a developmental rollercoaster. Their depth is a mess. Imagine if Buffalo traded down with the pick for multiple assets, including futures, if there’s a team out there that feels differently. There’s not a real 1-1 candidate; the candidates each have flaws or ceiling concerns.

I don’t expect them to do this because Buffalo. But man, if ever there was a case for pure value.

I cant even imagine any team wanting to trade up in this draft.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Won’t pretend to really know shit about these kids, but Bolduc and Lysell seem to be the best skaters around our pick?

I am easily pleased.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can guarantee you one thing: there are a few teams out there that drool over Power or Edvinsson and don’t care that they have some real concerns. There always are teams with stars in their eyes. 6’5!

200.gif

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
If we can get Aatu Räty at 13 that would be nice. Bad season this year but I had him going higher than some of the rankings I’ve read today
Raty is definitely possible at 13. Maybe a real good pick too. There are a few guys who may be there that I like better, but Raty is a center with size, good skating, good skill, and allegedly good smarts and a plus motor.
Scott Wheeler had a long piece on him today. Sebastien Aho's dad us his coach with Karpat, The article said last year Raty lost his love for the game. He seems to have it back now. Aho said that Raty: is really a smart player, and that is his best attribute. He said he can create plays by himself and for other players. That is his strength. His other skills are good and his skating has improved this year, though it wasn't a problem in the past. He has strengthened his legs during the shutdown period. He is a willing learner and a very hard worker. He is interested in the game and wants to get better. He is a good kid. It is going to take some time.
I believe he is signed for next year at Karpat, and needs to play over there for another year. At 13, he might be better than a batch of guys selected in front of him. The Flyers never take Finns though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Raty is definitely possible at 13. Maybe a real good pick too. There are a few guys who may be there that I like better, but Raty is a center with size, good skating, good skill, and allegedly good smarts and a plus motor.
Scott Wheeler had a long piece on him today. Sebastien Aho's dad us his coach with Karpat, The article said last year Raty lost his love for the game. He seems to have it back now. Aho said that Raty: is really a smart player, and that is his best attribute. He said he can create plays by himself and for other players. That is his strength. His other skills are good and his skating has improved this year, though it wasn't a problem in the past. He has strengthened his legs during the shutdown period. He is a willing learner and a very hard worker. He is interested in the game and wants to get better. He is a good kid. It is going to take some time.
I believe he is signed for next year at Karpat, and needs to play over there for another year. At 13, he might be better than a batch of guys selected in front of him. The Flyers never take Finns though.

If he can lose his love for the game already as a teenager because of pressure, it can happen again. Pass.

Reactions: sregdoor and pooch

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Raty, from what I gather, has uncertain upside. His production at the junior and pro level for an early birthday just isn’t encouraging. I’m not a box score watcher, but when you produce so little, you’re the exception not the norm. His numbers compared to other Finnish ~1st rounders stand out.

The way he’s described as having raw talent but playing too simple or lacking confidence, lacking production.....does he have Rubtsov vibes?

I was rooting to not get a lottery pick for this reason. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Raty, from what I gather, has capped upside. His production at the junior and pro level for an early birthday isn’t encouraging either.

I was rooting to not get a lottery pick for this reason. :laugh:

Same. I cant deal with more lotto luck morphing into draft pain again.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad