Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Clarke's skating is good enough and should improve as he matures, even if I get over the awkwardness, it feels like he only has one gear. I rarely see an explosive burst and it feels like he's not as always threatening as a puck carrier as he could be. I'm nitpicking because he's a top prospect, but Hughes does have that second and third gear and if he turns out to be the better player, that is probably the reason why.

I actually think Hughes is much better offensively than he is defensively at this stage. He doesn't have the give-and-go game in his bag like Quinn does but maybe that comes with playing with better players at the pro level. He can just make so many plays with his feet though. He had a point on almost 20% of the NTDP's ES goals playing mostly on his off side.

SomeQuestionableFoal-size_restricted.gif

Shares pretty good company too:

View attachment 442272

York played on a powerhouse team. If you adjust for teammates, Hughes had the better offensive season. And he was 8 months younger.

Man, seeing York up there in that list has me hoping we may have found our Makar. We deserve it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If Eichel leaves, Buffalo is f***ed regardless. But even if he didn't, I find it funny that they are almost forced to take Power, and maybe they're glad to do so. From what I've gathered and seen at Michigan, he's just not the transformative defender they need. Frankly, his feet kinda worry me at both ends. They f***ed up the development of the biggest chalk pick defender of the decade in Dahlin, so good luck! That franchise screams perma-death spiral.

I’m just glad the Debbies didn’t get it again

I just hope they pass on Luke Hughes.

pooch

May 30, 2017
Based on my limited amateur scouting, I’d highly consider Eklund with the first pick.

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad