WC: 2021 IIHF Women's World Championship in Calgary; August 20-31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sonic92

Mar 5, 2020
Peace River, AB
I've actually watched more of this tournament than I usually do this year mostly because it's summer and there's no other hockey taking place.

I know it's usually a springtime event, but I find it gets lost in the shuffle of the end of the NHL regular season/start of the playoffs.

If the IIHF wants to get more attention for women's hockey, having this in the summer I think is the way to go.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
lol. Switzerland has played 5 games, lost 4 and never lead a single game at any time, and yet they are in the semifinals somehow. Big joke of a format of the competition.

Happy the Russian Obsessive Cheaters are out though, thats always great.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I've actually watched more of this tournament than I usually do this year mostly because it's summer and there's no other hockey taking place.

I know it's usually a springtime event, but I find it gets lost in the shuffle of the end of the NHL regular season/start of the playoffs.

If the IIHF wants to get more attention for women's hockey, having this in the summer I think is the way to go.

It is getting much more coverage than usual. I've only watched a bit but it's all over TSN at the very least. Playing it in the summer probably isn't convenient for the players but it probably does get them more attention than they would otherwise get, which is nice.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
lol. Switzerland has played 5 games, lost 4 and never lead a single game at any time, and yet they are in the semifinals somehow. Big joke of a format of the competition.

Happy the Russian Obsessive Cheaters are out though, thats always great.

Since the gap between the top-nations and the nation ranked 10th has got a little bit smaller I think they could talk about changing back the format, I agree.

Anyway, that game shows what makes sport so great. 0-2 down after ten minutes, not really a chance until the 50th minute, then you score on a breakaway and are immediatly full of confidence and probably the better team.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1 to 0 Finland.. I didn't expect a win but thought a bronze game vs Swiss would've been good to watch. Congrats Finns
.. hope you get the gold you were robbed of

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Canada playing USA for Gold right now. The entire tournament has been more physical than usual, I have no problem with it as it increases the entertainment value. The next generation of Canadian women are much faster skaters that can push the pace.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Deciding a gold medal with 3 on 3 is hot garbage.
Yup. Shootouts, 3 on 3 and even 4 on 4. Gold medal games should be the same as a NHL playoff game.

Although this is a great game and the 3 on 3 is still entertaining. Canada is finally looking quicker than USA, we've been behind in that department for a while.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
reading all the tweets and just catching on to what a monster poulin is , i had no idea because i dont do any tv besides nhl games while not watching intermissions unless its the big guns of tsn mckenzie and duthie . or read any thing beyond stuff that pertains to personal growth / education . also no radio so i know nothing about the world beyond my immeadiate space and nhl rinks :thumbu:

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
reading all the tweets and just catching on to what a monster poulin is , i had no idea because i dont do any tv besides nhl games while not watching intermissions unless its the big guns of tsn mckenzie and duthie . or read any thing beyond stuff that pertains to personal growth / education . also no radio so i know nothing about the world beyond my immeadiate space and nhl rinks :thumbu:

She has scored so many massive goals for Canada internationally.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That was her 3rd gold medal goal.

I know, she’s incredible. I watched all 3 live too, one of the most clutch players I’ve ever watched in my years of following international hockey.

I said right before she shot to my in-laws watching the game with me “game over”, had no doubt it was going in before she even released it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad