2021 Florida Panthers off-season thread. Free Agent Frenzy July 28th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Do we think Zito has a guy he likes in the second round and if he’s gone we trade that for Strals?
He needs to like someone to replace him...trading Stralman for a second makes sense if we are spending to the cap and we can replace him with a better defenseman, which I'm not sure if we can given Larsson and Oleksiak were signed by Seattle...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Mofos literally lost their mind. 8 years for Hyman incoming. 6 for Goodrow? SIX?

Throwing term to all sorts of players that will, 100%, not finish on the team they signed on.

Mofos literally lost their mind. 8 years for Hyman incoming. 6 for Goodrow? SIX?

Throwing term to all sorts of players that will, 100%, not finish on the team they signed on.

3 certainties in life: death, taxes, and nhl gm's losing their minds on free agency. Exactly why we have to stay away from the big deals, and it sounds like Zito is gonna.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I definitely trust Zito to make that decision.
Of course, but I think the market has tightened if Seattle keeps MG (as it looks like they will given he was there) and signed those players. Unless we're going for Hamilton, I don't necessarily see a 5M+ defenseman out that requires us to trade Stralman with no retention. Maybe Savard? Suter, Edler, Hammer and Goligoski will be cheaper I think

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Sounds like Zito is more concerned with the draft and internal free agent situations right now.

I feel like the draft might be a stage for some deals, though.

Reactions: harv33173

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
For me the Coyotes are like the Sabres. I'll believe it when I see it.
I was gonna say, it's easy when you have so much cap to take them with picks, but it's how those picks work out. I feel bad for Zona, Chayka ruined them. They're gonna be 2015 Sabres bad this year.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Seattle has more than enough cap space and flexibility to give Landy 8 x 6 or something like that.
They absolutely do, what I mean is that I don’t see it making any sense if they don’t plan on taking salary (it appears) unless it’s to add draft assets, etc. why go all in for landeskog when they’re just gonna lose anyways. I just see the point in them doing it, that’s why it doesn’t make sense to me.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
For me the Coyotes are like the Sabres. I'll believe it when I see it.

I was gonna say, it's easy when you have so much cap to take them with picks, but it's how those picks work out. I feel bad for Zona, Chayka ruined them. They're gonna be 2015 Sabres bad this year.

I mean actually realizing they suck and Chayka failed terribly is the logical first step, embracing the rebuild is the second. I know it's not a high bar at all but considering the wiz kids tenure it's been a while since we've seen even this much from them.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Arizona is not as big of a mess as one might think.
Chychrun is a legit 1D locked up long term on a great deal.
Keller is still a first line wing.
OEL is still a top pair defenseman (albeit an overpaid one).
Garland, Schmaltz, and Dvorak are very good middle 6 pieces.
They don't have a 1st this year, but they have 7 2nd Round Picks between this year and next. They'll have 8 if we send them Stralman.

They are in a better situation than Buffalo, San Jose, and probably Calgary too.

Reactions: harv33173

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
They absolutely do, what I mean is that I don’t see it making any sense if they don’t plan on taking salary (it appears) unless it’s to add draft assets, etc. why go all in for landeskog when they’re just gonna lose anyways. I just see the point in them doing it, that’s why it doesn’t make sense to me.

i hadn't heard that rumor yet but i love it for seattle - gives them a marquee player and their C for years to come... that is, on the condition that they actually do field a competitive roster. hard to say right now but look at vegas - they picked up some really inexpensive pieces and were competitive right away. they did have their marquee name, though in MAF.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

They would compete for a playoff spot with Landy, the Pacific is absolutely terrible.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Why is the plan to tank? I'm really confused as to what their doing right now, if they picked one of the numerous rosters that were projected on any mock draft they'd be in strong contention for 3rd.

Who is the 3rd best team in the Pacific? When you consider Edmonton's 2nd, that division is a joke :laugh:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Looks like Landeskog has a big decision to make. Big $$$ with low probability of SC. Versus mid $$$ with much higher probability of SC.

Either way, given the dynamics, I’m betting on it not being Colorado.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Why is the plan to tank? I'm really confused as to what their doing right now, if they picked one of the numerous rosters that were projected on any mock draft they'd be in strong contention for 3rd.

Who is the 3rd best team in the Pacific? When you consider Edmonton's 2nd, that division is a joke :laugh:
I was confused with a lot of their selections too. But I at least think the D is decently solid and so is the goaltending, but that offense…yikes. Adding landeskog to that offense won’t do anything and given those selections, unless some major trades start happening, i don’t see them competing too soon. He’d be wasted there (at least for the first couple years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad