GDT: 2021-22 season game 4 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @5:30pm 10/22/21

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.38.41 PM.png
So many good chances in OT, and so many poor decisions with the puck. Walker has to pass that to a forward on a 3 on 1, not run out of room and no options left.
This should've been the game winner, instead it went the other way when we made the change, and it was game over.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
View attachment 473368 So many good chances in OT, and so many poor decisions with the puck. Walker has to pass that to a forward on a 3 on 1, not run out of room and no options left.
This should've been the game winner, instead it went the other way when we made the change, and it was game over.
those odd man rushes were BRUTAL between him, i think danault and arvidsson each had one also? so totally indecisive with the puck in dangerous areas

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I wonder what Vilardi's conversion rate is on high danger shots attempts. Seems like he scores on a very high percentage of them.

He has an excellent shot. Problem is, he's rarely in a position to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KINGS17

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
those odd man rushes were BRUTAL between him, i think danault and arvidsson each had one also? so totally indecisive with the puck in dangerous areas

For sure. Remember how lethal they used to be in OT? Those days are long gone. There is no killer instinct anymore in OT, just a bunch of passive guys. One thing we do miss is Carter in OT, he had the wheels and the ability to win it on his own. Danault as 2nd center there does not work, you could almost see him thinking about back checking before the shot was made.

Reactions: tny760

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
View attachment 473368 So many good chances in OT, and so many poor decisions with the puck. Walker has to pass that to a forward on a 3 on 1, not run out of room and no options left.
That's the nature of of 3 on 3 though. You get a chance on the rush, then they get a chance on the rush.

How often does a 3 on 1 actually result in a goal? Maybe about 20 percent of the time?

Reactions: kingsfan

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
To make things worse, he took a 1:10 shift in OT that started in the ozone, backcheck to the dzone, another rush, then he’s tangled up and so far behind the play and he STILL comes back rather than just, ya know, change, and then glides around while Dallas gets a grade A look before going to the bench.
He's perfected the stay on if it's an offensive zone possession, get off quick if it's not strategy. He's been doing this for yeeeeears. He's takes like 10 seconds shifts if they lose the puck in the offensive zone and it's heading the other way.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Missed the game, but no response to the Doughty hit. Wow.

Felt the same way. No response on the Doughty hit, won't be a response for anything else.

There was nothing clean about that hit to even use as an argument of them being unsure of it.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So this board's gonna get to see the Kings without Doughty.
FV4puZO.gif

This team is full of p***yes too. It's hard to watch.

Last edited:

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I've screwed my knee up which needed surgery.

In Doughty's case I honestly think he'll be out 1-2 weeks tops. Guessing a charlie horse from hell.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Felt the same way. No response on the Doughty hit, won't be a response for anything else.

There was nothing clean about that hit to even use as an argument of them being unsure of it.

It's not the 80's though. They kicked the guy out, there was a little scuffle after the hit, but all 4 refs are over there breaking things up. They're not going to go stick swinging at Seguin's knee for the next 30min in retaliation. No team gets revenge these days. Yes, the Kings are soft, mentally, physically, and emotionally, but in this particular instance, what more are they supposed to do? They still had a game to try and win. I know now that Doughty is out, they might as well forfeit every game until he's healthy, but they were still trying to win the game. Not that they were going to do anything physical if they were down 6-0. But again, it's not the 80's.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Austin Strand has been recalled, so Doughty at least is looking like LTIR.

I think with Lemieux on the non-roster, that had the Kings at 22 bodies. Strand could just be insurance with a game tonight and Monday on the road. Or he could play, but that doesn't necessarily mean Doughty will go on IR. Doughty will probably be out for 4 months, because it's the Kings, but without knowing exactly what's up yet, there are still multiple possibilities.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
and how many of these guys are point a game players?
3 on 3 OT is a completely different game. If you really want this version of Brown getting the majority of ice time during 3-on-3 OT....then i don't know what to say shrug:huh:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, Walker should have given it up to Kempe right there and then the Dallas defender and goaltender would have had to react to the possibility of a shot from the middle or a pass to the right or left.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
That girl doing the play-by-play needs to go,she's awful and stinks! And that squeaky voice makes me want to hang myself or better yet "hang" her!!!And the stupid conversations to fill in the play while the game is played makes me turn off the audio like right now!!!

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad