GWT: 2021-22 PL Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The players on the pitch I want to keep over the next two years: ESR, Martinelli, Balogun, Lokonga, White, Tierney. Everyone else can go, assuming we replace them well. It's not like the bench is that much better. I'll keep Saka, Tavares, Holding, Nelson, Hein. And then injured players I'll keep Partey and Gabriel. Bring back Saliba and Guendouzi. Gets you a two deep going into next season of

Balogun
John-Jules
Saka - ESR - Martinelli
Nelson - Signing - Signing
Signing - Partey
Lokonga - Signing
Tierney - Gabriel - White - Signing
Tavares - Saliba - Holding - Signing
Signing
Hein

As for the signings, nab Locatelli, Aouar, and a right back (Dumfries? Mukiele? Not sure who would be available) this summer. Next summer sign a winger (Doku?), a young right back , and a starting goalkeeper (Dragowski?). That's a decent squad. Sigh

Reactions: KJS14

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Remember the conversation about hot takes being dished out after the first matchweek?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The players on the pitch I want to keep over the next two years: ESR, Martinelli, Balogun, Lokonga, White, Tierney. Everyone else can go, assuming we replace them well. It's not like the bench is that much better. I'll keep Saka, Tavares, Holding, Nelson, Hein. And then injured players I'll keep Partey and Gabriel. Bring back Saliba and Guendouzi. Gets you a two deep going into next season of

Balogun
John-Jules
Saka - ESR - Martinlli
Signing - Partey
Lokonga - Signing
Signing
Hein

As for the signings, nab Locatelli, Aouar, and a right back (Dumfries? Mukiele? Not sure who would be available) this summer. Next summer sign a winger (Doku?), a young right back , and a starting goalkeeper (Dragowski?). That's a decent squad. Sigh
Balogun is not very good, and Lakonga is not really good, Martinelli is not as good as Arsenal fans make him.
ESR should've left for Villa, he'll regret not having higher ambitions by staying with Arsenal.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

Arteta is in the wrong here but gets mad. Hojbjerg wants to shake hands and be done with it but Arteta refuses and keeps berating him. Also seems to shout something towards Spurs technical area.

what was arteta even upset about? that hoijberg tried to keep a ball in play?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Balogun is not very good, and Lakonga is not really good, Martinelli is not as good as Arsenal fans make him.
ESR should've left for Villa, he'll regret not having higher ambitions by staying with Arsenal.
Glad you’ve determined how good balogun and Lokonga are based on their 45 minutes of premier league football. Amazing you’re not a professional scout with those abilities.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Glad you’ve determined how good balogun and Lokonga are based on their 45 minutes of premier league football. Amazing you’re not a professional scout with those abilities.
I can tell you they're not Premier league quality.
Maybe they can help us back, when we're in the Championship, but beyond that?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They just don’t have the money, nor pay the salaries to get that many players.

even if they did, they blew most of their budget on Ben White.
Locatelli is available for 40M€. Aouar is available for less than that. This would also involve selling/losing the salaries of: Kolasinac, Torreira, Lacazette, AMN, Chambers, Bellerin, Leno, El Neny, Xhaka, Pepe, Auba, Lacazette, Mari, willian, Cedric, and Nketiah

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Balogun
John-Jules
Saka - ESR - Martinelli
Signing - Partey
Lokonga - Signing
Signing
Hein

This is a middle table team. Are they even better than an Everton?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't blame Arteta for that one. Seeing a player making an effort is probably new to him.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Locatelli is available for 40M€. Aouar is available for less than that. This would also involve selling/losing the salaries of: Kolasinac, Torreira, Lacazette, AMN, Chambers, Bellerin, Leno, El Neny, Xhaka, Pepe, Auba, Lacazette, Mari, willian, Cedric, and Nketiah

We could’ve gotten Locatelli and Aouar for the price of White and played Saliba.

Just those moves alone would’ve made us a better team and frankly, how no one at Arsenal could see this is alarming.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I will say, it's game 1 here. Know it's Arsenal and they're always good for a LOL, but people thought Norwich would be a hard out after the first match day too.

Though to be clear, we need to make sure we're all working off the same benchmark: I'd never put this Arsenal side above the bottom half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad