Injury Report: 2021-22 Injury/COVID Report: 04/28: Werenski, Blankenburg out

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Is there any new updates on IR statuses?

Bemstrom has been skating at practice. Not sure if he's still in the non-contact jersey or not.
Domi has skated on his own, but still trying to get back to 100% from covid.
Boqvist returned last night.

Laine is probably out another ~1-2 weeks.
Kukan may be out another ~2-3 weeks.
Those last two are guesses based on the time since their injuries and projected returns.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Bemstrom has been skating at practice. Not sure if he's still in the non-contact jersey or not.
Domi has skated on his own, but still trying to get back to 100% from covid.
Boqvist returned last night.

Laine is probably out another ~1-2 weeks.
Kukan may be out another ~2-3 weeks.
Those last two are guesses based on the time since their injuries and projected returns.

I would love to get Laine back after just another 1-2 weeks, but it was under 2 weeks ago when he was reported to be 4-6 weeks out, so that would make it at least 2+ weeks, at most 4+ weeks still. I just hope he returns before the Christmas.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I would love to get Laine back after just another 1-2 weeks, but it was under 2 weeks ago when he was reported to be 4-6 weeks out, so that would make it at least 2+ weeks, at most 4+ weeks still. I just hope he returns before the Christmas.

He was injured on November 3rd.

I, perhaps incorrectly, assumed he was rock climbing with Domi.

Earliest expected time back: December 1
Latest expected time back: December 15

I was a little off in my recollection of timing, but December 2nd in Dallas would be the earliest game back based on the timetable given. The team plays 7 (!!) games between December 2nd and December 14th.

Reactions: Halberdier

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't care if Laine needs more games off or something. We're winning and not exactly gunning for the cup here. But we reallly need him to still be in shape when he returns. That's tough with an oblique injury. Can't do a lot with that.

Vapaatunnus

Feb 2, 2021
I don't care if Laine needs more games off or something. We're winning and not exactly gunning for the cup here. But we reallly need him to still be in shape when he returns. That's tough with an oblique injury. Can't do a lot with that.
Yes, basically it would be total screw up for everyone to hurry and play him when he is not fully recovered.

Reactions: NotTooWideArena

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
What do we know about tonight? Domi or Bemmer in? I’d like to see Hoffman sit.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Korpi to IR. I assume this means they expect him to be ill for a bit and need to move him since Tarasov was initially on emergency recall?

Joonas Korpisalo Placed On Injured Reserve
Seems odd. I don't know the rules but I assume they could just emergency recall him again for each game as long as Korpi is out.

That being said, he must have a pretty hellacious bug to be out for a week and not being covid.

Reactions: I3LI3

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I would be sick of having to play behind our defense, too.

Kidding, of course. Hopefully it is nothing serious and he makes a swift and complete recovery.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Also, watch the two goals against from yesterday, if you think Werenski isn't a part of the problem right now. Not on his game.
You're putting words in my mouth. He's not been on his game, but he'll get that fixed - and it's better than not being on the ice at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad