Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Cool playing with Honka’s brother and a high end prospect Brad Lambert. Glad that he’s going to get some games in before camp should give him a leg up on the competition

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
If Honka comes back as improved as Jamie O, our D will be pretty well set.
He’s obviously motivated and likes the encouragement.
upload_2020-11-12_13-49-49.png

Reactions: Johno

Canterano

Jun 30, 2018
Finland
Rich Peverley probably affected Dellandrea's move since Peverley played for JYP during the last lockout. So I think he must have liked the organization.

Another thing of note is the fact JYP has temporarily laid off their Head Coach because of the financial trouble brought on by the Covid situation.

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Rich Peverley probably affected Honka's move since Peverley played for JYP during the last lockout. So I think he must have liked the organization.

Another thing of note is the fact JYP has temporarily laid off their Head Coach because of the financial trouble brought on by the Covid situation.

You are talking about Dellandrea here?
Honka moved from Jyp to Pelicans Lahti.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Im assuming they just sent him to any team that would take him at this point, teams are getting full-up with NHL prospects.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
A Finnish paper mentioned that JYP agreed to it because of their financial situation and Dallas is picking up his salary. They're getting him for free.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I just finished watching ... it's pretty incredible, but I think we all expected that. I want that team and Bowness to have a Cup so bad, and it's going to be so hard to get back there.

Would make an even better documentary next year. Damn I'd give anything to see them back in the finals and win this time.

Reactions: Henderson33

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
2 anonymous agents take on Bowness after the bubble:

“Rick Bowness. I’ve got guys on Dallas and it got to the point where guys would say, ‘If he’s not coming back, I don’t want to go back.’ He’s loved in the room. LOVED in the room. He’s regarded by all the guys as being fair. He’ll come in and give them shit but everything he does, he does with a dose of humanity. There’s a lot of coaches who that chip is missing.”

“Rick Bowness. To take on the team at this stage of the season in difficult circumstances and the team wasn’t playing, there was some turmoil. To be able to put these people together and make it a cohesive unit … to give Miro Heiskanen additional responsibility and not overreact to mistakes and to have patience with John Klingberg and allowing (Anton Khudobin) to flourish — there’s an unending list of things to deal with. He was calm, it was never about him. It was about the team. I’m a big fan.”

NHL agent survey: 21 reps talk star trades, bubble standouts, offseason winners

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think that first quote is key considering that guy reps more than one guy in Dallas. Part of me is guessing this is Allan Walsh. I know he reps Sekera and Faksa, and I'm pretty sure there's at least another guy he's the agent for maybe more.

I don't know that Dallas has enough skill to rely on that getting them back to the Cup. It's going to take some will and determination ... playing for each other and the coach may be the extra thing they need to excel if they're going to beat the skilled teams again.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Maybe some extra motivation because because he'll get another shot next season .

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Maybe some extra motivation because because he'll get another shot next season .

There was an interview a few days ago with him where he talked about the events that went on. How the not playing and sitting out a lot made him lose the spark for playing and he was quoted as saying that he feels like he’s only just now regained that spark.

also he talked about being an athlete with type-1 diabetes. Which was effecting him more early in his pro career while not being the most consistent with eating habits. Made him have fluctuations in energy levels. ie. not able to give 100% in practices etc.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
A shortened season and a massive raise to Heiskanen this summer is starting to make it a pretty easy financial decision to not even consider burning a year of Harley's ELC.

Pysyk probably has the upper hand, and he's still behind Hanley and probably even Fedun, but it's not an impossible task for Honka to take the 6 or 7 spot. I think it's pretty unlikely, but his best success as a pro was with Laxdall who runs the PP. If Honka could prove to be a useful 2nd PP option ... sort of what some of us had talked about with Harley if he made the team this year, it might give him a leg up.

I think it's Pysyk's spot to lose though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
"Hey guys, we know you're really heartbroken about losing in the Cup Finals, so we thought we'd pour some salt in the wound by rolling out a new alternate jersey based on the pattern worn by the guys who could get it done."

I mean that pattern also lost the next year. So its fair i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad