Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Like i expected a shitton of RFA's with too high QO's and arbitration rights don't get QO .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kahun seems strange . Someone gonna give him a contract. He's decent.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
A lot of teams hoping guys come back under QO it seems. But I'm guessing we'll just see a shuffling of assets and teams come out of this with gaps filled at pricepoints. Remember... they're all in the same union.

________

Feb 6, 2006
One gm confirms likely condensed schedule

Any goalie the Stars sign will play a lot with the likely condensed schedule.
Stars have a great selling point. Play half the games at least, in the Stars system it's easy on a goalie, get a great deal in free agency elsewhere the next season.

Last edited:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Alright, throw everything we’ve talked about out the window. Go get Anthony Duclair.

________

Feb 6, 2006
He represented himself when he negotiated with the Sens. I think he probably is asking for quite a bit of coin.
It'll be interesting to see how tier two and three free agents are effected by the money situation the most. (as ones like Pierre McGuire talked about) Duclair is probably in that mix.
Is he starting to break out? or is it an outliner year like his second season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It'll be interesting to see how tier two and three free agents are effected by the money situation the most. (as ones like Pierre McGuire talked about) Duclair is probably in that mix.
Is he starting to break out? or is it an outliner year like his second season.

Who knows ? He might completely turn back into a pumpkin and if you sign him for 3-4 million per season ( which is probably what he would've gotten in arbitration ) with term you're stuck with an expensive pumpkin . He's too much of an enigma and like you shown here last season he fell off in in the later stages of the season. Inconsistent guys like that are not getting money in this economy. If you sign a bad deal you're stuck with it for the forseeable future.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I was interested in Duclair last season and the season before, but this was pre-Guri and Hintz and now Kivi. And Robertson/Dellandrea being on the verge. I don't think there is room for him.

Reactions: LT

________

Feb 6, 2006
Who knows ? He might completely turn back into a pumpkin and if you sign him for 3-4 million per season ( which is probably what he would've gotten in arbitration ) with term you're stuck with an expensive pumpkin . He's too much of an enigma and like you shown here last season he fell off in in the later stages of the season. Inconsistent guys like that are not getting money in this economy. If you sign a bad deal you're stuck with it for the forseeable future.
Yeah Grabner would be the best choice if they had to add someone, with the glut of 3rd/4th liners and being buyout he'll probably sign for $1.5 million or so. Much better choice than Duclair.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Cogliano is laughing all the way to the bank. while much better players will have to take peanuts....
Gets to continue to have an NHL career by way of loyalty.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
This one sucks. I’d rather lose Bishop, dude is made of absolute glass and while he’s an insane tendy when he’s on, he’s never healthy long enough to make it stick.

We made it to the Stanley Cup final and beat good teams to get there without him. Rip the band-aid off now so you don’t get caught holding the bag when he gets injured at the most important time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad