NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XI [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We need to draft Byfield/Stuzle and Raymond. Rossi and Perfetti are a big risk. Frankly, I don't see the being elite talent in the NHL. At least, Raymond has a chance to be like Colin White, worst case scenario
Your player assessment track record leaves something to be desired. See Tkachuk, Brady.

Reactions: KnockHobbler

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Your player assessment track record leaves something to be desired. See Tkachuk, Brady.
`
Yeah, it means I am more qualified than anyone on this board when it comes to assessing young players. The accuracy of my assessment on Brady, is on point!

I do understand, most fans are still in shock after losing Karlsson, Stone and others. But, everyone will eventually come through, in time

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Has there been news of Dorion being interested in Sanderson?

Not that I’m aware of. Others have said he’s the prototypical Sens pick and I can’t say I disagree. He’s also a RD and would the fit team perfectly.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
I’d love to see two FWDs at 3/5, but won’t be upset if we take Sanderson or Drysdale at 5. If FWDs are taken at 3 and 5, then I’d expect a D with the Isles pick, but you never know who will fall and become BPA.

This draft will honestly be one of the best days of the year.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I didnt even realize Raymond had mono last year. Jeez Louise explains a lot. I hope the guy doesn't come out on too big of a tear to start the year so we can still pick him 5th.

Toss up for me between he and Drysdale. If Sanderson starts off the NCAA banging then it gets interesting.

Just watch this WJC clip of Raymond.

I mean.. just look at him at 0:20 and at 1:38 Ridiculous hands and composure. This guy can be the best player from this draft.

Also, look at 10:58 to see his strength. Lol watch the whole video, trust me. This is against 18 and 19 year olds.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
`
Yeah, it means I am more qualified than anyone on this board when it comes to assessing young players. The accuracy of my assessment on Brady, is on point!

I do understand, most fans are still in shock after losing Karlsson, Stone and others. But, everyone will eventually come through, in time
You said Jamie Drysdale is a weak skater. You solidified yourself as the least qualified person to have an opinion on this message board.
Not that I’m aware of. Others have said he’s the prototypical Sens pick and I can’t say I disagree. He’s also a RD and would the fit team perfectly.
He is a left handed defenseman thats plays left defense.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

About Sanderson being a prototypical for Sens (beside his bloodline): why is he Sens type of player? All the teams would like him.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
About Sanderson being a prototypical for Sens (beside his bloodline): why is he Sens type of player? All the teams would like him.

My bad for thinking he’s a RD. I agree that all teams would like him. For the Sens I guess just based on the last few drafts, Sanderson checks a lot of boxes. Bloodlines as you mentioned, late riser, going to North Dakota, and a high character well liked teammate oozing with leadership qualities. I slightly prefer Sanderson to Drysdale but I prefer Raymond and Rossi over both.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I didnt even realize Raymond had mono last year. Jeez Louise explains a lot. I hope the guy doesn't come out on too big of a tear to start the year so we can still pick him 5th.

Toss up for me between he and Drysdale. If Sanderson starts off the NCAA banging then it gets interesting.

Just watch this WJC clip of Raymond.

I mean.. just look at him at 0:20 and at 1:38 Ridiculous hands and composure. This guy can be the best player from this draft.

Also, look at 10:58 to see his strength. Lol watch the whole video, trust me. This is against 18 and 19 year olds.

He had mono last year. We might take the guy at 3 then

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My bad for thinking he’s a RD. I agree that all teams would like him. For the Sens I guess just based on the last few drafts, Sanderson checks a lot of boxes. Bloodlines as you mentioned, late riser, going to North Dakota, and a high character well liked teammate oozing with leadership qualities. I slightly prefer Sanderson to Drysdale but I prefer Raymond and Rossi over both.

Sanderson also plays the deepest position on our team. We have holes all over our team, but LHD isn't one of them. Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie, Boro etc.. I'd be shocked if fhey added to that.

Reactions: NB613 and H2O

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Sanderson also plays the deepest position on our team. We have holes all over our team, but LHD isn't one of them. Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie, Boro etc.. I'd be shocked if fhey added to that.

Good points, I hope you’re right.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nevalainen: 2020 Mock Draft

3. Stutzle -- BPA
5. Drysdale -- Good pick. Not going to quibble
21. Zary -- Don't mind it. I probably would have gone Gunler there.
33. Neighbours -- Ok pick. nice size ok skating good shot. I like Marat Khusnutdinov or Ozzy Weisblatt better than any of the guys in between them and Neighbours
46, Cormier -- nice player ..small offensive D.. I'd prefer a few.. I would take a shot at the bigger faster Jurmo; A6'4 LD with great wheels and puck handling..
52. Sourdiff -- I would go Jarventie; A bigger goal scoring LW with lots of upside
55. Commesso -- Goalie. Nah.. not for me. I'll take Jack Finley or Torgersson there
64. Coe -- I like this pick there
74. Powell -- not a bad pick, I would have gone Groshev or Chromiak or Heineman there.

--------------------------------------
Stutzle
Drysdale
Gunler
Khusnutdinov
Jurmo
Jarventie
Finley
Coe
Groshev

Status
Not open for further replies.