2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
One more thing, Anton Lundell isn't a defensive forward, he doesn't lack offensive upside. Anton Lundell is a complete forward who drives play and Thinks the game at an extremely high level which means he's good defensively. He also had 0.5 P/GP in his D-1 year and is currently at 12 Points in 20 games, this in Liiga, that's extremely rare.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Wallinder is a big puck moving D-man with really smooth skating, had the opportunity to Watch him 4 games live at the five nations here in Sundsvall earlier this month. He's very raw though and should be nowhere near #15 right now, he's towards the back end of the 2nd for me. Size, smooth skating, great hands but very raw and questionable decision making…. Reminds me of Sean Day quite a bit :)

Much appreciated!! Thanks!! :)

Reactions: ManUtdTobbe

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Raymond has vastly underperformed? Ehhh, no he hasn't, not at all...

He can't Control his usage. Holtz has also been really good, as has Gunler. This draft is still looking to be the best draft ever in my opinion, Europe is absolutely stacked with the Swedes and then also Lundell doing great, Stutzle, Mysak, Amirov, Askarov etc... Seems to me people expect them all to produce tons of Points without looking into the context of their usage and the fact they're playing pro hockey.

This was in regards to him being sent down. It's obvious that Frolunda is stacked and has no room for him, right now. But when was the last time a player in the J20 went in the top 5? Seems unlikely he'd go there, ATM. Needs to be loaned out to a different SHL team (not sure if he can be loaned outright to another SHL team) or the Allsvenskan.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
One more thing, Anton Lundell isn't a defensive forward, he doesn't lack offensive upside. Anton Lundell is a complete forward who drives play and Thinks the game at an extremely high level which means he's good defensively. He also had 0.5 P/GP in his D-1 year and is currently at 12 Points in 20 games, this in Liiga, that's extremely rare.

Agreed. A complete game is a better assessment, for sure!!

Reactions: ManUtdTobbe

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I love him. I just do not have a good handle on where to go. On potential alone, I would say he is top 10. But if the projections are that he will not go in the first, I would save the bullet and jump on him in the second.
He’s well Inside my top 15, no doubt.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
i see Lundell as a the Anze Kopitar of his draft class.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
One of the more interesting names for me in the 2020 draft is Yan Kuztenstov. He will climb the rankings over the course of the year.

Kid's taking one of the rarest paths in hockey. Russian born & trained, came over to the USHL, now plays in the NCAA.

He's playing college hockey, as an underage 17 year old freshmen. Talked to one a hockey guy I know in the Northeast. Might not show it in interviews, but the kid is off the charts smart.

He plays on a very bad team that can't score. If he keeps it up, he'll be rated in the 2nd round soon. Kid's not off the radar anymore. He just got ranked after being a complete afterthought.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Holloway is going to be a guy whose stat lines will look better as a pro then his draft year would indicate. He's an ideal support player who stays within his lanes and helps complete a line. Ironically enough, when we get outside the super-upside picks at the top of the draft, including the centers people crave, Holloway is probably an ideal "fit" for the Rangers based on what he brings to the table.

Stock is falling even lower

If this continues, he could end up the kind of kid a team takes a flyer on in the second.

Last edited:

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
Holloway is going to be a guy who's stat lines will look better as a pro then his draft year would indicate. He's an ideal support player who stays within his lanes and helps complete a line. Ironically enough, when we get outside the super-upside picks at the top of the draft, including the centers people crave, Holloway is probably an ideal "fit" for the Rangers based on what he brings to the table.

If this continues, he could end up the kind of kid a team takes a flyer on in the second.

I know we are gonna lose our second in the Fox trade but if we add one I would love for him to be this years Robertson

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know we are gonna lose our second in the Fox trade but if we add one I would love for him to be this years Robertson
I cannot see Holloway falling out of the first round like Robertson did. He and Lundell are my "realistic" picks for the Rangers this year.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

It will be interesting to see how the second half of his season looks. Every years there’s one or two kids that have draft year seasons that torpedo their stock.

Sometimes they get back on track. Other times they continue to sink.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

So a "safe" player that has a "really high IQ".

I remember when we went with one of those guys with a top 10 pick in 2017. Been doing wonders for us...

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Is that really what you took away from that?

Stats are nice and great but I also don't think the Liiga is that great of a league either. Lundell is a good player don't get me wrong. I just don't see the point in the Rangers going after a safe player with limited upside in the top 10 again.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Stats are nice and great but I also don't think the Liiga is that great of a league either. Lundell is a good player don't get me wrong. I just don't see the point in the Rangers going after a safe player with limited upside in the top 10 again.
The post you quoted literately says “he doesn’t lack offensive upside.” If you want to disagree with that, you took a really strange way to do that

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And on what grounds are you equating Lundell with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad