2020 Draft - 4th Pick: Maxim Berezkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Another good pick. He should have gone at least 50 picks earlier. Big power forward with soft hands, great vision, and solid finishing ability. He plays on the same team as Maxim Denezhkin, so the Oilers must have seen a lot of him. Just needs to work on his skating.

I'm starting to think teams know something about Pashin that we don't. No reason he should be falling this much.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
LW Maxim Beryozkin - Loko Yaroslavl, MHL (2020, 138th, EDM)

2020 NHL Draft: Top 70 Russian Prospects (pre-draft update added)

Caser said:
There is a quality that I extremely value in forwards — to be able to create something out of nothing in terms of offense and that is exactly why I have Beryozkin pretty high on my list. Not the greatest skater (although can't really call his skating awful considering his size), he still got great hands and elite vision that makes him special to watch. Beryozkin's shot should be noted too, as there are both precision wristers and powerful slappers in his arsenal. Having a big body (6'2" or 6'3") is a nice bonus, although he still needs to learn how to properly use it. Needs to play some better D too, although he clearly doesn't mind that part.

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Don't know anything about him, but welcome to the Oilers!

In general for this draft, I'm glad Holland is going for forwards. Our prospect depth at D looks pretty good, but we needed to stockpile some forward prospects and Holland is doing that.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pashin would have been the pick I would have made here but time will tell.

He looks like a big body, right shot player.

Hoping for the best now that he’s an Oiler.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Of course most of us liked Pashin with this pick, but this guy still seems to be a good pick. And after grabbing Savoie and Tullio in the 4th and 5th respectively, I'm not gonna question Kenny H's judgement on this one.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I like guys who’s only real weakness is skating. It’s something you can improve on if you put in the work. This guy is probably a project but definitely some upside. Ken Holland is great with obscure Europeans.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad