Prospect Info: 2020 Draft #111 - Mitchell Miller (RHD) [Mod Warning post #312]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Just a complete unforced error. I know he was a kid. And I hope he’s over it. And I wish him the best. But why, oh why, oh why, couldn’t we let him slip to some other team? Literally any other team? The team that didn’t pick until 111th because they got sanctioned for cheating used their first pick on the only kid in the draft who has been arrested for bullying a disabled child.

At a certain point, you have to be self-aware and understand that you aren’t the team for this project. It’s inappropriate. Let a respectable team try. Just take the next kid on your list.

Bastards. Poor, poor judgement.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
The details of the incident are disgusting. It was not a case of kids will be kids, and some typical bullying everyone has seen when they were young. This was definitely not just stealing someone's lunch or excluding someone...

The act itself was pre-meditated and disgusting. The fact they targeted someone with a disability is also awful. The judge questioning his lack of remorse is also awful. It's even worse that his friend showed remorse while he didn't. It makes it sound like he was likely the one who came up with the plan.

Yah he was only 14 but still this is too severe of a red flag. We shouldn't have made him our first pick of the draft.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
EYQak6TXQAEX7dt.jpg

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I was old enough at 14 to realize that I was making a mistake. There are lines you just know not to cross.

2nd grade? Sure, I'll give you that. Still a developing child. 14 years old? nah, he's just an asshole.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Just read full article... pretty disappointed in him and in the Yotes.

Wish Bettman just stripped all picks in this years draft.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Xavier: "Oh well, we shall fire another of Chayka's terrible hires !

- Jankowski made that selection.

- ....Oh."

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
How could he have interviewed terribly at the combine when there wasn’t one? Ohhhhh....you mean OUR combine? Lol.

Wherever they did the interviewing, word is that he wasn't impressive. I think it's in the other thread.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is interesting. I don’t make excuses for bullying, especially the nature of the act and who it was against, but I wasn’t the best person at age 14, either.

that said, if he hasn’t learned from it completely, I don’t like the character flags.
We all did crap at that age that we wish did not happened and would like to take back. I'm getting sick and tired of all these "holier than thou" posters. Kids do grow and change. We aren't talking about an adult here.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Coyotes better face this problem head on or it will dog them and the prospect for years to come. One interview showing remorse and a donation to a charity for said disability should do the trick. Provided, of course, that Mitch is no longer a prick.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The act itself was pre-meditated and disgusting. The fact they targeted someone with a disability is also awful. The judge questioning his lack of remorse is also awful. It's even worse that his friend showed remorse while he didn't. It makes it sound like he was likely the one who came up with the plan.

I haven't read it. Probably don't want to. Showing remorse and having it are two different things. It's just as likely the one who came up with the plan will be the one who also most actively shows the most remorse, while the one who didn't just is quiet. Well, that's me as an amateur-shrink. I don't have overly much faith in judges being as psychic as they think they are.

Not saying the judge cannot be right, unfortunately. But find out who he is now before judging now. People can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad