Prospect Info: 2020 Devils-Centric Mock Draft, Conference Finals Edition

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I keep reading that Edmonton fans really want Jarvis or Quinn at their pick. I also read that there is a good chance Quinn goes in the top 10 and it might be more of a surprise if he drops past 10.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I keep reading that Edmonton fans really want Jarvis or Quinn at their pick. I also read that there is a good chance Quinn goes in the top 10 and it might be more of a surprise if he drops past 10.

I see Quinn as going in the #5 to #11 range. I see Jarvis going in the #10 to #14 range. These are both top 10 players in almost any draft, but 2020 is very strong at the top.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
And we will see Senators will pick him and Foudy in 2nd round. I can't imagine how Ottawa will look like in four years.
nobody can. they might be a contender. they might just sold chabot, tkachuk and batherson for mainly futures packages. ottawa fans for sure hate melnyk.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I think that Nashville might be willing to trade their pick 11. What could we trade to get it? I think granlund and smith are going to be free agents and Nashville is probably moving on but also looking for help now.

Kyle palmieri for 11? I would do this straight up but I’m also not the biggest palmieri fan. Walk away with 7, 11, 18, 20

I read on the main boards there is a rumor from rangers for the Nashville pick with buchnevich and Carolinas pick.

A different question I have is (if we didn’t do the above) would trading both picks 18 and 20 to get back into the top ten be a good or bad deal for us?

Reactions: Guadana

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
highly doubt Palmieri returns 11th overall when he is 1 year from UFA

I am also against packaging the later picks to move up in the 1st. I am for trading one of the later picks in a package for a legit DMan though.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

I am also against packaging the later picks to move up in the 1st. I am for trading one of the later picks in a package for a legit DMan though.
You might be right but some fans say palms should return a late first at the trade deadline so would his value be increased if we traded him for a first before the season even starts? I could see Nashville and Edmonton being interested in him. We could also add a sweetener

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
If you want to acquire a legit dman would you do ty smith plus 20 for sergachev? Ty smith is left handed but actually plays the right side and he has all 3 elc years left which would be very valuable to Tampa

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

To me this is a very situational thing. Like when we moved up to grab Parise. If someone is falling, and we can move up and grab someone that should have gone much earlier in the round like Caufield last year, I would do that.

Reactions: Nicomo Cosca

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think that Nashville might be willing to trade their pick 11. What could we trade to get it? I think granlund and smith are going to be free agents and Nashville is probably moving on but also looking for help now.

Kyle palmieri for 11? I would do this straight up but I’m also not the biggest palmieri fan. Walk away with 7, 11, 18, 20

I read on the main boards there is a rumor from rangers for the Nashville pick with buchnevich and Carolinas pick.

A different question I have is (if we didn’t do the above) would trading both picks 18 and 20 to get back into the top ten be a good or bad deal for us?

If we can trade for first and bad contract, i think it would be great to make a trade up for higher pick to take two legit perspective first liners like Raymond(or Rossi, i know, everybody like him) and Quinn/Jarvis. If Drysdale or Sanderson will be available for 7th pick - then we need in this trade even more.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

I can't see Nashville trading this pick, and I certainly couldn't see Buchnevich getting more than 12 minutes per game with Hynes as head coach.

I still think the Devils should be trying to trade Nashville Hayden and Rooney, since John Hynes seemed to think they were more valuable than Gusev and Bratt.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00