GDT: 2020 ALDS: (2) Oakland Athletics vs (6) Houston Astros - HOU wins 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OAK vs HOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If I'm Melvin I play game 3 starter tight with the media and use Hendriks as the opener. He hasn't pitched in 6 days and can give you 2-3 innings. Get the lead early then go to Montas.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Springer just rakes in postseason
I can't remember what place he's in but he's quickly climbing up the list for career homeruns in the playoffs. Man please stay in Houston but unfortunately I think teams will be after him regardless of the cheating scandal since he's been a clutch playoff player. I could see him going to Boston:(

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
I can't remember what place he's in but he's quickly climbing up the list for career homeruns in the playoffs. Man please stay in Houston but unfortunately I think teams will be after him regardless of the cheating scandal since he's been a clutch playoff player. I could see him going to Boston:(

The scandal isn't going to mean a thing. As a Sox (White) fan, I'd take him in a second if he was available. In fact what they're doing now is worse than them just winning a series or two, it's rendering the "they only won because they cheated" argument to yesterdays news. One game from a fourth straight LCS? And without two of the games best aces? I forgot that these guys no matter what happened in 2017, are loaded with players who have extensive playoff experience/success.

Like someone said, it's very 2020. Part of me thinks it's funny, the further they go is a bigger and bigger stick in the eye to MLB, who in my opinion glossed over the Boston cheating and didn't pursue allegations against NY and other teams with any kind of vigor once they had Houston dead to rights. And it's undeniable that even in this weird season, a NY-Houston series would be fun to watch.

But the other part of me.....damn. If it was my team losing to them that would be frustrating. But if you're Oakland, you can't lose to those people. You just can't. Not when you led the charge to expose what happened and were arguably the most vocal against them. Still a lot of baseball left, maybe the A's can come back.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Not only has Dusty ditched the narrative that he "cannot win playoff games" (where did that come from?) he has also gone undefeated so far in the playoffs. I mean I don't like the Astros but people gave Dusty a very bad rap and he is shutting everyone up.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not only has Dusty ditched the narrative that he "cannot win playoff games" (where did that come from?) he has also gone undefeated so far in the playoffs. I mean I don't like the Astros but people gave Dusty a very bad rap and he is shutting everyone up.
He also was in the same situation with the Reds in 2012. Up 2-0, but couldnt get that 3rd win.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
A's media and NBC Sports California were extremely lippy about this series claiming the A's would dominate based on season record. However, the postseason series has been a different tale as the Astros have absolutely obliterated the A's in every facet of the game. The A's as usual will have a quick exit in the playoffs. It is a damn shame the last A's dominance I saw was in 1990 with the Bash Brothers.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Case in point

94cpgxlvkbr51.jpg

Ironically the opposite has happened this postseason :laugh:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
at least the dodgers won playoff series and made world series

the A's haven't won a playoff series since 1990
I agree, but both have been cursed. The Dodgers losing a game 7 at home in the World Series has to be to soul crushing. Plus their loss at home last year.

Though the A's have lost numerous deciding games at home too. But this series isnt over yet.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
guess the WC series never happened
The Astros are deplorable but them winning game 3 in a sweep over a team that talked massive shit to them would be hilarious. A team that mind you went 7-3 against them in the regular season yet, if losing today, would not manage to win a single game against them with a ring on the line.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Astros are deplorable but them winning game 3 in a sweep over a team that talked massive shit to them would be hilarious. A team that mind you went 7-3 against them in the regular season yet, if losing today, would not manage to win a single game against them with a ring on the line.
Only you would make the A's out to guys here.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
same

i think montas deserved this start. plus, luzardo is prone to giving up homers and that's all the asstros have been doing so far
His final start and bullpen in game 3 last series were dominant. Lizardo has been up and down all year never showing the 13k in 6 ip Montas had in game 60.

Plus they have a shit ton of righties.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The scandal isn't going to mean a thing. As a Sox (White) fan, I'd take him in a second if he was available. In fact what they're doing now is worse than them just winning a series or two, it's rendering the "they only won because they cheated" argument to yesterdays news. One game from a fourth straight LCS? And without two of the games best aces? I forgot that these guys no matter what happened in 2017, are loaded with players who have extensive playoff experience/success.

Like someone said, it's very 2020. Part of me thinks it's funny, the further they go is a bigger and bigger stick in the eye to MLB, who in my opinion glossed over the Boston cheating and didn't pursue allegations against NY and other teams with any kind of vigor once they had Houston dead to rights. And it's undeniable that even in this weird season, a NY-Houston series would be fun to watch.

But the other part of me.....damn. If it was my team losing to them that would be frustrating. But if you're Oakland, you can't lose to those people. You just can't. Not when you led the charge to expose what happened and were arguably the most vocal against them. Still a lot of baseball left, maybe the A's can come back.

Springer is a great player. Getting out of that Asterisk jersey would only help him improve his image. That’s why guys like Marwin Gonzalez and Dallas Keuchel don’t get any hate.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Erkeedy getting shelled and then Chris Davis strikes out to kill the momentum and rally, sounds about right

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The only memory of Mike Fiers in this series after Asstros sweep them will be him mocking George Springer losing a FB in the sun and then Springer
Going yard right after.

embarrassing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad