Speculation: 2020-21 Management/Coach/Owner Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Interesting that the coaching staff has been completely revamped, save Eakins. Bringing in support to help him, or greasing the skids for his departure?

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sylvain Lefebvre who just left the San Diego Gulls for a assistant job in Columbus, was the guy Bouchard replaced in Laval.
Probably a good think Lefebvre left as that would have been awkward.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Did I miss something when did we lose Dineen?

I don't know what happened with him. They only announced that the AHL assistants took jobs elsewhere, but never heard a presser saying that Dineen got released.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Interesting that the coaching staff has been completely revamped, save Eakins. Bringing in support to help him, or greasing the skids for his departure?

Tough to say.

The first 15 regular season games will be interesting to see. If we see a terrible start to the season, I don't see how Eakins would continue as head coach, but then again I don't know which of these guys would replace him either.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
You guys got a good one in Bouchard. Lefebvre was a disaster with our farm squad for years, and 1 year of Bouchard was a stark contrast from that. He’s a real player’s coach and a great motivator. He was able to get much more out of our players than the previous HC.

I’m sad to see him go so soon, but ultimately he must see an NHL job more attainable in Anaheim one day. I wish him luck in SD/Anaheim, and hope you guys have some success with him.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
You guys got a good one in Bouchard. Lefebvre was a disaster with our farm squad for years, and 1 year of Bouchard was a stark contrast from that. He’s a real player’s coach and a great motivator. He was able to get much more out of our players than the previous HC.

I’m sad to see him go so soon, but ultimately he must see an NHL job more attainable in Anaheim one day. I wish him luck in SD/Anaheim, and hope you guys have some success with him.

The Price of Perry is a steep one. For one to be successful, something else must be given. We'll take good care of him, you guys take care of Pears.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
your next head coach of the ducks, ladies and gentlemen

did his contract with the habs expire or did he just leave to take the gulls job? if its the latter, he probably figures eakins will be canned soon

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
your next head coach of the ducks, ladies and gentlemen

did his contract with the habs expire or did he just leave to take the gulls job? if its the latter, he probably figures eakins will be canned soon

His contract expired but he could've stayed at his current job or been an NHL assistant and chose to come here. People are pushing pushing Eakins angle but I don't really think there's anything to that.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Management seems to want to have the next coach come from within, so I ultimately don’t see them hiring a HC externally. They hoped that it’d work with Eakins and now it seems like they may have faith in Bouchard being that guy. It’s certainly worked out for Tampa.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
A lot of people thought Paul Maclean being brought in was because Boudreau was on a short leash, and in the end Murray somewhat stubbornly stuck with BB and then hired someone completely different after the season. Guessing this is more or less the same.
I don’t feel BM is unhappy with the job DE has done to this point anyway. Depending on who is brought in player-wise, that can change. But right now it feels like they’re in “trust the process” mode

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Even if we end up using the 3rd overall, that player very likely won't be in the AHL anytime soon. Very interesting decision made by Bouchard
Bouchard: I look so forward to working with Dostal, Mahura, Perreault and that swedish guy we want at #3 Eklund

Murray: ? I just traded Perreault, Dostal, Comtois and the #3 overall pick for Eichel

Bouchard: .........%$&# what am I here for then ?

Murray: to turn Groulx into Danault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad