2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
wow that Rask <> Nino trade doesn't that make sense, seems like centers are valued quite high. This might be an excellent opportunity to trade Sutter so we can call Gaudette up.

Reactions: geebaan

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Hate the Montreal deal. Does not make any sense to add 2 additional years at even more money than Gagner for a non player, just to get two picks in the 120+ range of the draft.

I like the Guddy back to Florida option, and I also think the pick would be a 2nd. Friedman on 31 thoughts said Florida is open to moving Mark Pysyk, who was a computer boys acquisition, is a RH shot and could slot straight into Guddy's roster position on the 3rd pair, also saves you a year of term.

Gudbranson for Pysyk and a 2nd.

Del Zotto for a 6th or 7th.

And it would be amazing if Sutter could pull in a 2nd.

It would be so great if they could have 3 2nd round picks for the hometown draft.

The move I'd be targeting for Gagner, is him to Chicago for Saad. Clears Chicago future capspace, gives them and immediate gain of cap space and provides Vancouver a big fast LW which they desperately need. I think Chicago is going to go very hard after Panarin again, so they'll need space. Heck you could even throw in Goldy, since it's clear he's not in the future plans.

I'd like to see them add picks in 2020 and 2019. The 2nd and 3rd rounds this year look fairly weak beyond a deep crop of goalies (which we still need). The D depth is non-existent.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
wow that Rask <> Nino trade doesn't that make sense, seems like centers are valued quite high. This might be an excellent opportunity to trade Sutter so we can call Gaudette up.

It’s not that centres are valued more. It’s that there are still poor GMs in this league and other GMs that can take advantage of them. We have one here, in fact.

Rask is a Gagner level asset. That he got NN is astonishing.

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004

Perfect time to trade Sutter. So Benning will wait till Sutter starts getting scratched from the lineup before gauging interest.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
There is lots of chatter that Canucks are looking to rebuild the defence going into next season.

I would want them to trade Gudbranson and let Pouliot go. Canucks should definitely re-sign Edler, insert Hughes and pitch for Karlsson

Edler-Karlsson
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher

MatthiasRhieland

Jan 8, 2019
There is lots of chatter that Canucks are looking to rebuild the defence going into next season.

I would want them to trade Gudbranson and let Pouliot go. Canucks should definitely re-sign Edler, insert Hughes and pitch for Karlsson

Edler-Karlsson
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher

laine > matthews

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If Toronto tossed in their 1st, would anyone swap Zaitsev for Stecher?

5 more years at 4.5MM with a modified NTC kicking in next year?

Yeah probably not worth it unless we got a top D prospect as well and unloaded Gudbranson for a couple mid round picks. And even then ho boy that's a real anchor unless he can turn it around.

member 290103

If Toronto tossed in their 1st, would anyone swap Zaitsev for Stecher?

I honestly think that if you get Stecher away from Green, he'll flourish. His advanced stats are already outstanding - Green buries him though, keeping him off the PP and PK. I don't get it. He's got some weird issue with him.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pittsburgh is looking to trade Brassard and find a real 3C that can play a certain role. Brandon Sutter is a perfect candidate for this.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
To EDM:

Baertschi
Goldobin

To VAN:

Puljujarvi
Spooner

This is the same trade I proposed a page or two back. Edmonton upgrades two of their wingers for a push for the Playoffs this year. Baertschi is a solid 2nd liner who improves their depth and Goldobin can put up points playing with McDavid and/or Draisaitl, pushing other players down to more appropriate roles. They also dump Spooner's contract, which is something they've been rumoured to want to do. The Canucks land a young player with a lot of upside in Puljujarvi who could turn into something playing alongside Horvat/Pettersson.

To TBL:

Edler (50% retained, cap hit of 2.5 million)

To VAN:

Katchouk
2nd 2020

Tampa stacks their LD for a Cup run this year. Playing behind Hedman and McDonough would put Edler in a great position to play effective hockey and Cooper would have one more defenseman he can trust on his 3rd pairing. Not too much to explain here. The Canucks land a prospect who could turn into a decent player down the line and a 2nd next year. The reason it's a 2020 2nd is because Tampa's first and 2nd this year are under conditions from the McDonough trade.

To BUF:

Granlund

To VAN:

Beaulieu

Smaller scale trade. Buffalo improves their forward depth, which is not very good in order to try for the Playoffs. They also deal with Beaulieu's trade request. The Canucks add a LD for the rest of the year after trading Edler and someone who might be here for the future, maybe not.

How would you all feel if this is how our deadline played out?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
To EDM:

Baertschi
Goldobin

To VAN:

Puljujarvi
Spooner

This is the same trade I proposed a page or two back. Edmonton upgrades two of their wingers for a push for the Playoffs this year. Baertschi is a solid 2nd liner who improves their depth and Goldobin can put up points playing with McDavid and/or Draisaitl, pushing other players down to more appropriate roles. They also dump Spooner's contract, which is something they've been rumoured to want to do. The Canucks land a young player with a lot of upside in Puljujarvi who could turn into something playing alongside Horvat/Pettersson.

To TBL:

Edler (50% retained, cap hit of 2.5 million)

To VAN:

Katchouk
2nd 2020

Tampa stacks their LD for a Cup run this year. Playing behind Hedman and McDonough would put Edler in a great position to play effective hockey and Cooper would have one more defenseman he can trust on his 3rd pairing. Not too much to explain here. The Canucks land a prospect who could turn into a decent player down the line and a 2nd next year. The reason it's a 2020 2nd is because Tampa's first and 2nd this year are under conditions from the McDonough trade.

To BUF:

Granlund

To VAN:

Beaulieu

Smaller scale trade. Buffalo improves their forward depth, which is not very good in order to try for the Playoffs. They also deal with Beaulieu's trade request. The Canucks add a LD for the rest of the year after trading Edler and someone who might be here for the future, maybe not.

How would you all feel if this is how our deadline played out?

First trade I would probably do provided we had another deal lined up to retain on Spooner and flip him for picks. The 2nd deal I wouldn't do the retention part based on wanting to save that spot to retain on Spooner, also if TBL are looking for defencemen I would assume it would be a RHD. Would rather move Granlund for picks rather than Beaulieu. I bet his versatility will be a decent asset at the deadline to become a teams 13th forward capable of playing all 3 positions.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It’s not that centres are valued more. It’s that there are still poor GMs in this league and other GMs that can take advantage of them. We have one here, in fact.

Rask is a Gagner level asset. That he got NN is astonishing.

Paul Fenton is someone a lot of people even here valued highly as a potential GM.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Sutter and Granlund out.

Gaudette and Goldobin in

Better players are already in the system, any assets we get will improve our future. Get a 2nd and a 4th and we can potentially move up in the draft. I’d be stoked if we could get byram by packaging 2 2nds and a 4th to snag him with our second 1st round pick

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I was pro trading for Pulujarvi so I started taking a keen interest in watching Edmonton games. Pulujarvi is perhaps the most clueless player on the ice, this is a classic example of someone having all the tools that can tear junior levels apart but no toolbox to translate to the NHL.

Would only trade a 2nd round draft pick for him as a reclamation project, we need to stop remembering him as Pulujarvi the WJC player and start seeing him in his current NHL form. At the very least, Virtanen had physical skills which could make carve out a bottom six player but Pulujarvi is essentially top 6 or bust.

member 290103

Why does everyone want Puljujarvi? He’s horrendous. I have watched him a number of times and he’s never shown anything.

He looks like a complete bust.

Reactions: y2kcanucks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad