Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ryan Hartman is going UFA after not getting a QO from Dallas.

edit: Brendan Leipsic too. Brendan Gaunce could be a signing intended for Syracuse.

Last edited:

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Why are people always under the impression players just lose a limb when they turn 33 or 34? He will have a few more prime years and still be productive on the back end. I wouldn't do 7. Max 5 years. Look at Pavelski who everyone is saying is soooooooo old. Guy potted 38 goals and 40 the year before. Stop watching stat lines and watch the player play. Scouts do this for amateurs, why does this practice fall off for pros just because they are in their early to mid 30s? A player doesn't have a 12 year shelf life from 18 to 30. You negotiate contracts accordingly and wisely. Pavelski should get a 2-3 year deal and Lee getting a 5 would be fine. Even 6 is fine. By then a lot will change and we can once again look to move Palat, Johnson, Killorn or shed salary in some other way.

Continuously writing off options for the future hasn't won us a cup with this core in 5 years. Eventually your core deteriorates and at some point taking a gamble to win it needs to be done, or you'll blink and 5-10 years later you're the sharks, or....just the bolts.

Most UFA’s signed to long contracts just aren’t worth it. Lee is the type of player that I don’t think ages very well. So in just a few years we could have a Lucic like situation on our hands.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
You forgot Rutta is resigned.

??? - Stamkos - Kucherov ????= I wish Little Joe or Simmonds but I would not mind bringing up Volkov. I don't either of those take one year deals.
Gourde - Point - Johnson
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Conacher - ??? - Erne
I would like to sign Boyle and at least one more physical bottom pair forward with something to prove like Perry.

Hedmen - Sergy
McD - Cernak
Coburn - Foote/Ruuta

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Brett Ritchie is a guy I would not mind signing to a one year vet minimum deal. He adds size we need in the bottom line. I know he is not a star, but we need to get bigger and he can be the 12-14th forward.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys, Hose is back to remind you that there is no upgrade available for this perfect team.

Join us tomorrow when he reminds us again, and be sure to catch him in every trade board thread where TB is mentioned saying the same.

We do have upgrades, they are in Syracuse and won't cost 7mil when we don't even have 1mil to offer. Find me someone on an ELC that a team is willing to move and I'd consider it, besides that we can't upgrade the team when we don't have money to do so or players we could easily trade.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We do have upgrades, they are in Syracuse and won't cost 7mil when we don't even have 1mil to offer. Find me someone on an ELC that a team is willing to move and I'd consider it, besides that we can't upgrade the team when we don't have money to do so or players we could easily trade.
V O L K O V and F O O T E

Reactions: HoseEmDown

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The main question management has to answer themselves is are we in 'win-now mode at all cost' or do we want to compete for the next 3, 5 or 10 years? Because short-term of course Pavelski or Lee over Gourde or Johnson makes us a better and more competitive team. But is that still the case in say 2-3 years?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The main question management has to answer themselves is are we in 'win-now mode at all cost' or do we want to compete for the next 3, 5 or 10 years? Because short-term of course Pavelski or Lee over Gourde or Johnson makes us a better and more competitive team. But is that still the case in say 2-3 years?
They want to win now and compete for the next 5-10 years they have always tried to do both

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We all ready signed Foote to an ELC lol the first team to for a first rounder this year.
It's not a big deal. His contract will slide to whenever his pro career starts. For a first round pick, it's a pretty safe move to save a couple of bucks. Unless we're talking about Cal.

We need a system to tell which Foote is which.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The list of UFA defense is baaaadddd this year man. Nathan Beaulieu is the only one I might take a flyer on because he might be okay if used properly and won't cost an arm or a leg. We MIGHT be able to salvage him

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The list of UFA defense is baaaadddd this year man. Nathan Beaulieu is the only one I might take a flyer on because he might be okay if used properly and won't cost an arm or a leg. We MIGHT be able to salvage him
I really like the no-QO class this year. TB can't change the big contracts, but reshaping spots in the lower lines (who can play up and down the lineup) with some young guys are becoming possible. The forwards don't have notable size, but some of them can at least play the physical-offensive game.

This setup is basically perfect. TB would need to keep replenishing their ranks throughout the lineup when the physical guys on short deals drop-off, and they can possibly be found now on guys not getting QOs. You don't necessarily need a big money top-six power forward with the million-year contract if you can get a power forward that can click with the star players. Basically, Namestinkov if he was a power forward.

Last edited:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Would Girardi resign for 1x year just for some freaking depth?

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Hoping that they get Pavelski. It'll be pricy but I believe he is exactly that the team is lacking - heart.

Point signing is simply waiting for UFA to see what Tampa has left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium