2019 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Imagine if we drafted Turcotte with our 1st, and then traded up from our 2nd using our 3rd next year and drafted Knight as well. Two elite level prospects. Aside from us getting a top-2 pick, that’s pretty much my dream scenario. Love both those players.

Also, I watched some film on Hunter Jones and wasn’t all that impressed. He has potential but Knight looks a lot better to me.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Admittedly haven't watched more than 2-3 Sens or Canes games, but man...those are still pretty disappointing stat lines for the 2nd and 4th overall picks. Are they just not getting much ice time?
I definitely expected more from Svech, but Brindamour had him playing 3rd-4th line for a lot of the year..he wanted the kid to work his way up the lineup, don't really agree with that but he seems to have improved since the new year. but it is a pretty underwhelming rookie class IMO...Tkachuk would be on pace for close to 50 points if healthy all year, that is pretty damn solid for a 19 year old.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Which forward prospects are expected to be in the NHL next year? It looks like ~5 are committed to college next year, which I'm not sure is a lock or if they can still sign and play in the NHL.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Which forward prospects are expected to be in the NHL next year? It looks like ~5 are committed to college next year, which I'm not sure is a lock or if they can still sign and play in the NHL.
I would say Barrat is most likely to make the team, I could see Entwistle maybe making the team out of camp as a 4th liner. I would like to see Highmore get a chance if you still consider him a prospect

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I honestly am not sure, some people think Hughes might not make it right away, I am not one of those though.

for me right now, Hughes and Kakko seem locks, outside of that maybe 1-2 others could make it, Zegras and Turcotte are 100% going to college and Boldy could have a shot if he lands in the right spot due to his solid size and physicality already - 50/50 Boldy could surprise.

I don't see Cozens or Dach as being ready yet or Podz, so maybe 2-3 forwards max like the 2018 draft provided.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I honestly am not sure, some people think Hughes might not make it right away, I am not one of those though.

for me right now, Hughes and Kakko seem locks, outside of that maybe 1-2 others could make it, Zegras and Turcotte are 100% going to college and Boldy could have a shot if he lands in the right spot due to his solid size and physicality already - 50/50 Boldy could surprise.

I don't see Cozens or Dach as being ready yet or Podz, so maybe 2-3 forwards max like the 2018 draft provided.
Seider might be able to, but only in a bottom pairing role.

But yeah otherwise I agree with your projections.

Reactions: AmericanDream

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014

I thought Boldy was committed to BC? I think he goes to school personally and plays for a year before signing. I think Cozens and Dach have a chance out of the top-10 picks. Both have question marks to their games but both are very talented. If Cozens and Dach go top-5, I think they get a chance to crack the NHL roster. I could even see Byram getting a shot but I think he spends at least one more year in the WHL. Possibly a guy like Brett Leason as he’s almost 20. He’s more of a late 1st though.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Also, the more I hear about/watch Zegras, the more I think he goes top-5. Him and Turcotte are close for me for my #2 C after Hughes.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hawks sitting 6th, need the Ducks to start winning. I think highest possible would be 4th if the Devils can win.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There is an argument to be made for Kakko going 1st. It is really close between Kakko and Hughes. I think if the Hawks get #2 they might be surprised who goes first. It is really going to be about team preference and Kakko reminds me of Hossa, which is why I like him so much. Everyone thought NJ was going to take Patrick in 2017 and it ended up being Hischier.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought Boldy was committed to BC? I think he goes to school personally and plays for a year before signing. I think Cozens and Dach have a chance out of the top-10 picks. Both have question marks to their games but both are very talented. If Cozens and Dach go top-5, I think they get a chance to crack the NHL roster. I could even see Byram getting a shot but I think he spends at least one more year in the WHL. Possibly a guy like Brett Leason as he’s almost 20. He’s more of a late 1st though.
Boldy is committed to go to college, my point was if anyone of those kids can make it to the NHL next year I would give Boldy the higher probability because he is more physically mature and ready for the grind..on skill I obviously think Zegras and Turcotte are better overall, but we do get surprises from time to time and Boldy wouldn't shock me if he impressed....but, kids cannot go to camp and make their case from the NCAA, the can only attend the rookie camp then decide to turn pro or not after that,

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There is an argument to be made for Kakko going 1st. It is really close between Kakko and Hughes. I think if the Hawks get #2 they might be surprised who goes first. It is really going to be about team preference and Kakko reminds me of Hossa, which is why I like him so much. Everyone thought NJ was going to take Patrick in 2017 and it ended up being Hischier.
according to Bobby Mac, there are none of his scouts that have Kakko ahead of Hughes- none. I haven't seen a legit scouting service that has him ahead as well yet...not saying it can't happen, but I think the odds are overwhelmingly that Hughes is going #1.

Reactions: Giovi

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Knight is a legit top flight goalie prospect. Would I take him in the 1st with our pick? No but if we had a late 1st from something else I would 100% consider it. I think he is going to be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad