2019 CHL Playoffs (Road to the Memorial Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Beaulieu and Bournival in 2012 I’d say. Morgan Ellis was there too.

I think we can agree that two prospects the Habs have in the Mem Cup this time round are far superior talents.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just going to wait for someone to post the pic of Bournival working out shirtless :laugh:

This?

BUpVYOgCQAA_oCv.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We may finally have a good AHL team for once. Especially if Poehlings there

Maybe MB adds some other interesting pieces to the Rocket. Hopefully, he holds on to most of what he has now so we get to see Bouchard working with superior talents.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm pretty sure Marner was 19.

He was born in May 1997 and his 44 pts were in 2016 OHL playoffs.

Please edit your post so you don't misinform people.

EDIT: Actually, you may be right. He was born May 5th... so if they won before May 5th.... he was 18... Anyway close enough that it doesn't matter. thank you for

EDIT2: He was indeed 19 since they won on May 11th.

I would consider that Marner's 18 year old season since he was 18 through the entire regular season.

Who cares about him being days into being 19 during the finals lol :dunno:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We may finally have a good AHL team for once. Especially if Poehlings there

Teasdale, Suzuki, Poehling, Brook and Primeau added to Evans, Vejdemo, Fleury and McNiven, we'll finally actually have a team of prospects over a bunch of minor leaguers with a prospect here and there.

Last time was in the OOs when
A. Savard was G.M. then Gainey. It hasn't occurred under Bergevin - til now.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Man am I happy that Suzuki and Guelph pulled it off.

I was at work earlier and I checked the score and it was 2-0 for Ottawa. I was a little disappointed.

After I finished, I checked again, fully expecting the series heading to a Game 7. When I saw that they won 8-3, I jumped with joy.

What a playoff run for Guelph. Just when we thought they were done, they beat the odds.

With a win tonight, Fonstad will win the WHL Championship and head to the Memorial Cup.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Teasdale, Suzuki, Poehling, Brook and Primeau added to Evans, Vejdemo, Fleury and McNiven, we'll finally actually have a team of prospects over a bunch of minor leaguers with a prospect here and there.

Last time was in the OOs when
A. Savard was G.M. then Gainey. It hasn't occurred under Bergevin - til now.

Why the hell did we have to wait 7 years to see this happen?

So this is what "build through the draft" finally looks like (except for McNiven and Suzuki).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I was at work earlier and I checked the score and it was 2-0 for Ottawa. I was a little disappointed.

After I finished, I checked again, fully expecting the series heading to a Game 7. When I saw that they won 8-3, I jumped with joy.

What a playoff run for Guelph. Just when we thought they were done, they beat the odds.

With a win tonight, Fonstad will win the WHL Championship and head to the Memorial Cup.

Interesting that Fonstad has a shot at being part of it. How much has Fonstad contributed to the success of his team so far? We haven't covered him as much as Suzuki and Teasdale on HF. Has he played center, on what line, any PP and PK time, etc.? Has anyone kept close tabs?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interesting that Fonstad has a shot at being part of it. How much has Fonstad contributed to the success of his team so far? We haven't covered him as much as Suzuki and Teasdale on HF. Has he played center, on what line, any PP and PK time, etc.? Has anyone kept close tabs?

Like most Western Conference teams in the NHL, living in Montreal makes it difficult to really watch Fonstad. It also doesn't help that he's been relatively unproductive for most of these playoffs. Whereas Teasdale and Suzuki have had monster playoffs on top of being easier to follow because their game times are earlier.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prince Albert is tied 2-2 after 1 period. They scored first less than a minute into the game. Vancouver took the lead 2-1 and with less than a minute left in the period, Prince Albert ties it.

So both of the Raiders' goals came in the first and in the final minutes, respectively.

Interesting note: in the first five games, whoever scored first won the game.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Pretty sure Guelph has won all our hearts with this run. What a story, with our Suzuki starring the show.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Beaulieu and Bournival in 2012 I’d say. Morgan Ellis was there too.

Like Teasdale and Suzuki? Not quite the same performance if you ask me. This is why I find it comical when people use our past prospect pool to compare to what we have today. It's not the same. Far from it

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

He really hasn't done much. He has 2 goals and 6 points in 20 games, which is why nobody is talking about him. Overall, he had a decent season but it had a lot of ups and downs. Definitely expected more than a measly 6 points. He pretty much did that last year in only 7 games.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad