Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Excluding Ivy kids who have only played 1-2 games, Gildon leads the country in per game scoring by a defenseman and ranks T-8th in PPG amongst ALL college players at 1.57 PPG...

UNH’s PP, quarterbacked by Gildon, currently ranks 4th nationally at 32.3% (1st overall if you remove Ivies Brown, Cornell and Princeton who have played just two games each)...

We need to get this kid signed ASAP. Where do you see his projection at the NHL level?

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Is it just me, or does Gildon just "look" bigger than his teammates. Kinda like he just sticks out, I dunno quite how to specifically define it, really.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
U20 - Denisenko scores the first goal:

He's the team's captain and 1LW. Not much to see on the highlight really but there you have it.

Watched just a bit of the game but his lack of size is still a problem. Twice in ten minutes he got slammed into the boards, losing the puck... not great.

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
U20 - Denisenko scores the first goal:

He's the team's captain and 1LW. Not much to see on the highlight really but there you have it.

Watched just a bit of the game but his lack of size is still a problem. Twice in ten minutes he got slammed into the boards, losing the puck... not great.

That's an aggressive PK :laugh:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Grrr accidentally erased my post. Attempt n.2:

Friday update:
WHL:
- Wedman 1+1, 3rd star of the game. Leading his team in points. Rybinski, Ludvig pointless.

OHL:
- Noel finally scored (yay), 3rd star of the game. His worst start of the season (stat-wise) since his draft-1 year. Shoot the freaking puck man (18 SOG in 12 OHL games SUCKS). Still high hopes for the guy but he should be dominating this year and so far he's not. I want destruction. I want opposing teams' players crying at the sight of him. Gimme.
-Schwindt and Koly faced each other; Koly's team won 5-3. Schwindt 1 assist (good pass), should be at a .ppg pace if his shooting% improves just a bit. Koly on ice for all 3 goals against, I'd maybe blame him a little for one of them (1st goal, what's the rest of the team doing?, he's defending two guys alone while a third guy scores; 2nd goal, WTF is the rest of the team doing?!, he's the lone guy defending a 2-on-1; third goal, doing a so-so job clearing his own crease while a guy scores from the blueline). Also, nice positioning by him on the PP.

College:
Knight rules. 2nd shutout in 8 games; 2nd star of the game. Great start of his college career.
Hutsko healthy (yay), scores a goal, 3+1 in 4 games. If he can somehow stay healthy for extended periods of time, he could be a middle 6 guy. Lots of injuries there though so not very hopeful.
Finkelstein pointless again. Easily his worst season stat-wise ever so not giving up on him yet but as a 5'9 dman he needs to produce offence and he's not doing that right now. Dropped a few spots on my inner depth chart especially with other guys doing well.
Berger also pointless (obviously since Knight shut out his team) but he's moved from healthy scratch to 3rd pairing to 1st pairing over the first six games of his college career. I know he's an overager... still. I like.
Lindmark is making me very happy with his excellent start in college. Adds an assist, 4+4 in 9 games. 5th round pick. Also, how is Wisconsin just 5-4-0 when they have 11 (!) NHL prospects, three of them first rounders? Inamoto has an assist (2 points in 9 games).

AHL:
After his awful start of the season, Hepo with 4 points in his past 3 games. Still no goals yet but they'll come once he actually starts shooting (and he's always been a playmaker first and foremost).
I'm less happy about Borgstrom not producing - pointless for three games now; 3+1 in 7 games isn't bad per say but it's not great either. Again, still very high on him but he probably does need the AHL time - clearly, pencilling him as the 3C this year has been premature. Another guy that needs to shoot more.
Repo with a goal (2+3 in 10 games); Ang with an assist (3+4 in 12 games, good for 6th/7th on the team).
Driedger had another solid game, saving 27/29. 5th best save% (94.0), 7th best GAA (1.91) in the AHL.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Going to see Noel play in London on Monday, OHL All-Stars versus Team Russia. I have yet to see him play live, so really looking forward to it.

I seem to get the fact that his biggest problem is he just doesn't try hard that much. I would think on Monday being a nationally televised game, That a lot of scouts use as a precursor for the WJC tournament, he would be playing very hard. Excited to watch him go.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think Borgstrom may not even be ready for 20-21. He clearly needs some seasoning in the ahl. I said right after he was drafted he would be a long term project.

Good to see Hepo get on the board a little. That kid just needs to gain muscle mass. That's probably his biggest problem right now.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think Borgstrom may not even be ready for 20-21. He clearly needs some seasoning in the ahl. I said right after he was drafted he would be a long term project.

Good to see Hepo get on the board a little. That kid just needs to gain muscle mass. That's probably his biggest problem right now.

Ya I'll be the first one to say, thought Borg would be a 40-50pt player by now but he needs to fill out like Huberdeau did in his first couple seasons. Hoping he's working on his 200-ft game because we need him to be an all around player if he wants to be a 2C/top 6 forward down the road.

Hepo may just need better line usage, been on the 4th line a lot this year. Happy to see him doing better though, wouldn't be surprised if he needs two full years in SPR.

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Someone put together a montage of all of UNH’s PP goals this season. The Wildcats are 10-31 and lead the country in PP%...

The video features a lot of Gildon as he has 3-5–8 totals on the PP and has been on the ice for 9 of 10 overall...

Biggest test of the year for UNH and Gildon tomorrow when they host UMass...

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Someone put together a montage of all of UNH’s PP goals this season. The Wildcats are 10-31 and lead the country in PP%...

The video features a lot of Gildon as he has 3-5–8 totals on the PP and has been on the ice for 9 of 10 overall...

Biggest test of the year for UNH and Gildon tomorrow when they host UMass...

Thanks for sharing!
He's a big guy with a really nice shot. I notice to that about three of those shots were hard slappers along the ice that were tipped in.

And that one goal where he walked in and deked around the guy trying to block his shot, then went backhand in , money. :bow:

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015

Gildon scores the game-winner, on his fourth PPG of the season, and finishes +1, as UNH upsets #2 UMass...

He also gets beat early in these highlights - a nice reminder he’s not perfect despite how often I’m here signing his praises, haha...

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Thanks for sharing!
He's a big guy with a really nice shot. I notice to that about three of those shots were hard slappers along the ice that were tipped in.

And that one goal where he walked in and deked around the guy trying to block his shot, then went backhand in , money. :bow:

His ability to get shots through to the net and to teammates (especially his wrist shot) is elite. As evidenced by his latest highlight above. He rarely gets shots blocked - at this level, at least...

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Ya I'll be the first one to say, thought Borg would be a 40-50pt player by now but he needs to fill out like Huberdeau did in his first couple seasons. Hoping he's working on his 200-ft game because we need him to be an all around player if he wants to be a 2C/top 6 forward down the road.
Yeah, Huberdeau needed to fill up, but he was 4 years younger and won the Calder while not being "filled up". I'm all for him becoming a 200 feeet player, but he does need to be a PPG player in the AHL (or close to that) otherwise it doesn't bode well for him in the NHL.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, Huberdeau needed to fill up, but he was 4 years younger and won the Calder while not being "filled up". I'm all for him becoming a 200 feeet player, but he does need to be a PPG player in the AHL (or close to that) otherwise it doesn't bode well for him in the NHL.

Wasnt comparing skill level but more just getting bigger and stronger to take the grind of the pro game. He was pushed off the puck a fair bit so he needs to work on backchecking, board battles and faceoffs as well. He is noticeably good at stick lifts and takeaways already.

I say this assuming he will be groomed further as the 3C next year but if you're looking for points then maybe he should be converted to wing? What is the better use for him?

For me, if he stays as 3C until he can knock Trocheck down, 12-15g/35-40 pts but if he he's converted to top 6 winger, he hopefully has 20g/50-60pts potential in him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad