2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Now would be a great time to trade one of the many extra defensemen we have for forward help, Botts. Well, really, months/weeks ago would've been a good time as well, but signing depth pieces for Rochester and acquiring Vesey and Miller apparently constituted several months worth of work for big head.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Now would be a great time to trade one of the many extra defensemen we have for forward help, Botts. Well, really, months/weeks ago would've been a good time as well, but signing depth pieces for Rochester and acquiring Vesey and Miller apparently constituted several months worth of work for big head.

Yes, but every GM out there knows it and will bargain accordingly.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex

The problem is league-wide this is not really a time the league trades excluding the Fabbri deal you might be at least a few weeks away or even after the holiday break to get a deal done perhaps you can get Toffoli now, but you're probably up against 5 to 10 other teams bidding on him and Botts just is not going to overpay for assets that he needs long-term.

I'm just afraid that he's going to see the eventual writing on the wall here and eventually start thinking why should I make any deals that would compromise any sort of future position elsewhere.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Well, unless Botts can quickly trade a D for a winger, this would be as good a time as any to try Risto (or maybe Gilmour) at wing. Either that, or Thomas Vanek & Jason Pominville, "come on down!"

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I've been told Pominville has been playing at the men's league at Northtowns to stay in shape. Not that I think that's a good idea. Just saying he is still hoping for a job yet this season.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
I've been told Pominville has been playing at the men's league at Northtowns to stay in shape. Not that I think that's a good idea. Just saying he is still hoping for a job yet this season.

The last thing we need is to lose speed. Besides adding another body doesn't solve the logjam at D. Something has to happen and soon.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Let's get nuts...

Asplund-Eichel-Girgensons
Skinner-Reinhart-Vesey
Sheary-Erod-Mittelstadt
Lazar-Insert Callup-Oloffson - Play them 7-9 mins a game and VO on the PP. Lazar and IC, can handle PK duties if needed.
eww get erod off the team

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

Rested Pominville was productive last season. Every day Pominville is not. Teams carry 13th forwards but its evidently mindblowing to try Platooning anyone.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Rested Pominville was productive last season. Every day Pominville is not. Teams carry 13th forwards but its evidently mindblowing to try Platooning anyone.
Well the NHL is always behind the times. Krueger is supposed to be up on sports science, but I doubt he'd try it.

Krueger can't even seem to figure out the top line doesn't work even though it's been obvious almost the whole season.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
Well the NHL is always behind the times. Krueger is supposed to be up on sports science, but I doubt he'd try it.

Krueger can't even seem to figure out the top line doesn't work even though it's been obvious almost the whole season.

The top line has been the only line scoring almost the whole season....

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
This team needs to get two locker room guys who can get this team f***ing awake. I would love a Kyle Clifford and Justin Williams. Ltir Okposo and give that money to Williams. This team has no leadership or fire.

Reactions: SabresFan26

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
This team needs to get two locker room guys who can get this team ****ing awake. I would love a Kyle Clifford and Justin Williams. Ltir Okposo and give that money to Williams. This team has no leadership or fire.
Great idea. I’d overpay for Williams but not sure he wants to play.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I still don't understand how the garbage NA hockey media don't kill the Pegulas and their neverending string of complete incompetent fools they keep hiring the way they kill Melnyk and Katz on a daily basis? Pegula has a strong case as one of the worst and least successful owners in league history. I wish the media would do it's job and hold people accountable for this dumpster fire.

You have to remember that owners are the gate keepers of the media members access. For the most part, an owner that signs checks and stays moderately out of the way are going to have a longer leash than a coach or GM. Also remember that coaches/GMs typically have a 2-3 year tenure, where an owner can be here decades. Melnyk is getting killed (and similar to Golisano) because their inherent cheapness did a ton to hurt the team long term. Katz was crucified because he kept bringing in members of the old boys club to GM/Coach his team rather than look for fresh faces and ideas. No one has shit about Katz after the Oilers start. And this was only after missing the playoff for a decade. TBN embarrassed themselves because they wanted Terry Pegula to attend every press conference. When he didn't the idiots from TBN started asking "where's terry" and it backfired on them spectacularly. Basically, the city likes the Pegula's more than TBN's staff.

A typical ownership article will be a puff piece about "leadership starting out at the top" or how "ownerships commitment to winning making a difference"

Given that the Pegula's also own the Bills, which is the big draw, I think it's pretty unlikely we'll see a local media member rake the Pegula's over the coals anytime soon.

Reactions: valet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad