2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Im ok with Carter, I have no issue with him. He is probably going to score 20 goals this year. On this team that's amazing.

Curious though why everyone is so concerned with Cap Space on a non contending team with plenty of space. If we did send him to the AHL, which I am not advocating, and lost the space, then what is different for the big club? A rookie cast into a place he should not be?

I'm not talking about the Kings cap space. Send him down. Banish him from the team like they did Kovalchuk. It's all good. I'm talking about trading him at 50%. The other team still has to account for their half, and the roster spot, for 2 whole seasons. Nobody wants that for a 35 year old. Unless the Kings add, which none of us want them to do. Or, take back an equal contract, which none of us want them to do.

It's nice to accumulate all of these draft picks but I'd like to see us make a move for an actual player at some point.

Mikey Anderson call-up to play next to Doughty for the rest of the season or too early for that?

You mean more than like the warm body of Schaller? If you want Blake to trade for an actual player, you have to offer some of the good young players, or some of these draft picks coming up. Or get Kopitar and Doughty to not just complain(at least Doughty complains about something, Kopitar is pretty content), but start forcing their way out. Although it's unlikely they'll get the next franchise player for either guy. But, if Toronto goes nuts, maybe you can get Marner for Doughty since the contracts line up. That relies on Doughty wanting to leave the beach though.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
I'm not talking about the Kings cap space. Send him down. Banish him from the team like they did Kovalchuk. It's all good. I'm talking about trading him at 50%. The other team still has to account for their half, and the roster spot, for 2 whole seasons. Nobody wants that for a 35 year old. Unless the Kings add, which none of us want them to do. Or, take back an equal contract, which none of us want them to do.

Now you tell me. You could have saved us a lot of time if you used smaller words for me.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
So if you take Drew out of the mix, Dean and the scouts, selected the following D men in the first round during his tenure.
Thomas Hickey
Colten Teubert
Derek Forbort

Hickey Kings got nothing

Teubert was part of the Penner trade, though the Kings had to give up another 1st rounder and a 2nd cuz Teubert upside had swung to the downside of the hill

And now a 4th rounder for Forbort. Hindsight being 20/20 Forbort should have been a Knight, and McNabb should have remained a King.

Not huge return for 1st round guys, but Penner did help the cup run I guess.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
a
So if you take Drew out of the mix, Dean and the scouts, selected the following D men in the first round during his tenure.
Thomas Hickey
Colten Teubert
Derek Forbort

Hickey Kings got nothing

Teubert was part of the Penner trade, though the Kings had to give up another 1st rounder and a 2nd cuz Teubert upside had swung to the downside of the hill

And now a 4th rounder for Forbort. Hindsight being 20/20 Forbort should have been a Knight, and McNabb should have remained a King.

and penner was not a rental. I had no issue with that price tag,

Losing Hickey on waivers pissed me off almost as much as drafting him in the first place did (although my preference was Alzner and look how that is currently). What other 4th overall pick goes on waivers that soon after his draft year.

Pisses me off thinking about it.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Maybe I'm seeing this wrong but we're suppose to have 3 - 2nd rounders including VGK... But they traded that pick for Mark Stone so where exactly is that pick coming from??

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Thomas Hickey
Colten Teubert
Derek Forbort

Hickey Kings got nothing

I was mad the day that DL drafted Hickey, and today I'm still just as mad.
It's been 13 years. Time to get over it.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Pretty good year for Blake. He's following the gameplan.

But some of these prospects definitely need to start converting into legitimate NHL players starting as soon as next year, or he will be on the hot seat. By all accounts, Vilardi will be up with the big club, so things seems to be going right on track. Not too worried. Just bored.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
You didn't hear? They're going to bring Lewis in as a skills development coach; he'll be focusing on scoring and the power play.

"We never used him on the power play here in LA, and maybe that was a mistake. We're excited to hear some of the fresh ideas he can bring to the organization."

Reactions: BringTheReign

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not a bad change of course:

Lewis will walk after the year.

Hopefully he does that better than he can skate right now.

It's nice to accumulate all of these draft picks but I'd like to see us make a move for an actual player at some point.

Mikey Anderson call-up to play next to Doughty for the rest of the season or too early for that?

Too early for that. Mikey would get trucked. But he should at least get a look.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I think the Kings are big on Anderson and JAD.

Both are all around solid and have leadership abilities. Glue guys.

I’m not sure how ready the are but seems like these comments come up a lot around these guys in press/media.

General HFBoards consensus seems to want to let these guys cook a bit. I think front office is ready to integrate them at least to evaluate their pro games.

Turn over is coming. AHL will get new prospects too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad