Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Classic: Sabres vs. Rangers at Citi Field

Sabres Fan in Cali

Jul 9, 2002
Elmhurst, NY
Visit site
I am!

I've been excited about this game since it was announced. I went to the original 10 years ago, and had a blast. I live in Westchester now, so it's not a far drive. Plus I'm a Mets fan when it comes to baseball, so the fact that this game is at the Mets stadium is like an icing on the cake.

The fact that the Sabres suck hard this season has put a slight damper on my enthusiasm for this game, but only a tiny one.

I will also be in attendance for this game. I'm still a Sabres season ticket holder although in live in Queens now (I moved here 4 years ago for my job). To answer question above, Sabres season ticket holders were not offered anything in regards to skating at Citi Field.
Looking forward to the game! I'll be in my Brad May Sabres blue jersey

If anyone needs tickets to the game, please let me know. I'm friends with Sabresfan3383 and I have another friend selling his 2 seats. I can hand deliver the tix to anyone in NYC area if they buy them as I'll be back in Buffalo for Xmas and return to NYC on December 28

Reactions: Sansbacon

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Road To Winter Classic - Episode 1 -Dec 15, 2017 - 23:00 -

The Rangers ride the subway/the Sabres go bowling in the premiere episode of this behind-the-scenes docuseries.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Game can't be held at the Ralph because of the US-Canada juniors game being held there days earlier and being unable to have enough time to set up for the NHL game.

Hmmmmm..... jrs game being held on a different sized sheet of ice???? :huh:

Naw just joking. Glad to hear there's a logistical reason.

But I wonder which event - World Jrs versus NHL Winter Classic does Pegula make more money hosting????? (probably Jrs...)

Terry possibly stiffing the NHL would explain why most of the challenge calls on the ice go against us tho.......... :sarcasm: :laugh:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Hmmmmm..... jrs game being held on a different sized sheet of ice???? :huh:

Naw just joking. Glad to hear there's a logistical reason.

But I wonder which event - World Jrs versus NHL Winter Classic does Pegula make more money hosting????? (probably Jrs...)

Terry possibly stiffing the NHL would explain why most of the challenge calls on the ice go against us tho.......... :sarcasm: :laugh:

You all are assuming that having the game in Buffalo this year was something that the league would have wanted or even considered as an option.

For all we know, the league may have been set on having the game in NYC and just happened to have selected Buffalo to be the opponent.

After the success of the first game made the Winter Classic into a marquee event, there has been little evidence that the league is interested in ever holding it again in anything but major markets.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
You all are assuming that having the game in Buffalo this year was something that the league would have wanted or even considered as an option.

For all we know, the league may have been set on having the game in NYC and just happened to have selected Buffalo to be the opponent.

After the success of the first game made the Winter Classic into a marquee event, there has been little evidence that the league is interested in ever holding it again in anything but major markets.

Geez, thinking your way would make me paranoid......... Hmmmm.... Makes too much sense......I guess I am paranoid after all!! LoL!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad