Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Classic: Sabres vs. Rangers at Citi Field

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Fans wanting to go behind the scenes in the buildup to the 2018 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic between the Buffalo Sabres and the New York Rangers won’t have to go far.

NBCSN will be the home for the "Road to the Winter Classic" presented by Honda, a four-part mini-series that will take viewers inside the dressing rooms and the homes of the Sabres and Rangers as they prepare to meet on New Year’s Day at Citi Field in New York.

The critically acclaimed series premiere begins on Wednesday, December 13 at 11:30 pm ET followed by Episode 2 on Wednesday, December 20 at 11:30 pm ET and Episode 3 on Wednesday, December 27 at 11:30 pm ET. The series finale runs on Sunday, January 7, immediately following a game between the Boston Bruins and the Pittsburgh Penguins on NBCSN.

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
not sure if this has been discussed but has there been any talk about an alumni game?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
John Vogl‏ @BuffNewsVogl -
The cameras are rolling for "Road to the Winter Classic" and the Buffalo Sabres are hoping for more uplifting television. The appeal of behind-the-scenes shows like "Road to the Winter Classic" is fans get a look at athletes' lives. The grimaces are front and center. The fun pops off the screen and into the viewers' living rooms. There are a lot more grimaces than fun in Buffalo as filming of the series gets underway. It's not the ideal time to put recording devices near the Buffalo Sabres. "I don't think we all necessarily would go out asking for it," defenseman Jake McCabe said with a pained chuckle Wednesday.

Nonetheless, cameras and microphones for NBCSN were conspicuous as the NHL began tracking the Sabres' road to the Winter Classic on January 1 in New York. Crew members filmed practice and put their recording devices over the glass, picking up conversations and coaches' instructions. It was essentially an all-business workout, which is expected when a team is 6-15-4 and 1-7-2 in the last 10. "Hopefully," right wing Kyle Okposo said, "we can turn it around and have some better days so we can kind of show our fans a different side of us."

Rest Of The Article - Lights, camera ... action? Sabres hope to provide some as Winter Classic filming begins

Seanothan

Jan 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Anybody buy the authentic jersey? Does it come with the game patch on the shoulder? NHL Shop has pics of the authentics, but every pic I've seen online has a blank shoulder

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Would somebody remind me again why this game is not being held at Rich..., er Ralph Wilson...., er... New Era field?

Were they worried that the weather wouldn't cooperate? :laugh: A terrorist attack?:help:

Or is this really just the Rangers Winter Classic event?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Game can't be held at the Ralph because of the US-Canada juniors game being held there days earlier and being unable to have enough time to set up for the NHL game.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Anyone else going to the game?

I am!

I've been excited about this game since it was announced. I went to the original 10 years ago, and had a blast. I live in Westchester now, so it's not a far drive. Plus I'm a Mets fan when it comes to baseball, so the fact that this game is at the Mets stadium is like an icing on the cake.

The fact that the Sabres suck hard this season has put a slight damper on my enthusiasm for this game, but only a tiny one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad