2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs, too bad we didn't make it -edition

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Just 1 game in and Kadri is already out greasing Marchand. That series is either going to really good or really bad.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Laine in the off season on Game of Thrones.

see Below and then look at the TSN.CA site

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
5A152457-FA99-49A2-9ECB-F06621D48FC5.jpeg

Reactions: FloriDada

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I’m glad that the Wild are getting mopped up. They are such a vanilla team.

Just need Vegas to get their ass handed to them and we’ll be all set.

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
They showed the cab pictures of Gallant during last night's game. Ripped on national television while out of the playoffs. You gotta love being a fan of this team.

We're the biggest joke in this league alongside the Phoenix/Arizona franchise.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If anyone watched the Knights-Kings overnight, it is quite clear why Vegas is winning. Their game plan is simple. They skate hard and to plan. They get good goaltending. That part is impressive.

Well-coached, but only within the box they know. The Kings are old and slow and not that skilled. A good motivated team would beat Vegas 9 times out of 10. As soon as you get Vegas chasing the puck and playing from behind, they're done.

Specifically, I think Boughner has the team playing a more sustainable system that can react when things go south. I don't think Vegas will handle adversity in the playoffs well, when they first face it.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
At what point do we just admit that maybe, just maybe Vegas IS a good team?
Is Karlsson really a legit 1C? Because he wasn't supposed to be - except he's been amazing all year, and now the Marchesseault-Karlsson-Smith line is matched against Kopitar's, so far Kopitar has zero points and last game the first lines spend some 35 minutes playing against each other...

Also, James Neal had 11 shots last game. I know there were two overtimes but still, that's some nice offence.

It'll be interesting how the Kings respond when they're on their home ice.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Is Karlsson really a legit 1C? Because he wasn't supposed to be - except he's been amazing all year, and now the Marchesseault-Karlsson-Smith line is matched against Kopitar's, so far Kopitar has zero points and last game the first lines spend some 35 minutes playing against each other...

Also, James Neal had 11 shots last game. I know there were two overtimes but still, that's some nice offence.

Maybe he just needed a chance? Marchy was likewise buried in Tampa

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

I really don't think the Kings are a good barometer for what level the Knights are at. LA is playing tired, slow hockey, and aren't hitting the Vegas difference makers. Unless the Kings find an NHL level skating gear, they're done. Vegas is a young speedy team but they aren't any more so than Colorado or Boston or Toronto or Nashville or a host of others.

Still, I definitely agree that Vegas has way exceeded expectations. Everyone there deserves credit.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I really don't think the Kings are a good barometer for what level the Knights are at. LA is playing tired, slow hockey, and aren't hitting the Vegas difference makers. Unless the Kings find an NHL level skating gear, they're done. Vegas is a young speedy team but they aren't any more so than Colorado or Boston or Toronto or Nashville or a host of others.

Still, I definitely agree that Vegas has way exceeded expectations. Everyone there deserves credit.
I still think LA is the worst team for Vegas match-up wise. They play similar defence first styles and LA isn't as likely to get frustrated by it (IMO the biggest reason why VGK won so many games), since they're on the other side of the fence doing the same thing.

Two games decided by one goal, I'd be shocked if this doesn't go to game 6 or 7.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I will wait till next game to bump those Devils fans posts to me about it going to be a close series. It's a massacre :laugh:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Considering the Kings got the better of Vegas in the regular season, GG must have done something to be up 2-0 then.

Kings took it to Vegas including a home and home sweep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad