GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft | TRADE: [EDM/MTL] Hayden Hawkey acquired in exchange for EDM 5th '19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Any time you have a player as good as McDavid you always have a shot, but I think playoffs for next year are gonna be tough for this group seeing how LA and San Jose are probably not dropping out and Vegas is likely very attractive to a lot of players also.

I think we have to look a bit more long term, we need Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Nurse, Bouchard to develop more.

That said I think Chia is kinda screwed because while the Oilers can afford to be patient some what, Chia is even by his own supporter's admission pretty much a lock to be fired if they don't get into the playoffs next year.
LA hasn't done much, Kovy will be a big disappointment. That contract is also gross

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Our whole division is loading up bigtime. Kings got Kovy. SJ and Vegas going hard after Tavares. Vegas also going hard after Karlsson. Calgary making a huge trade. Chia feels the pressure to do something. I'm calling it before it happens. Klefbom + Puljujarvi + Lucic + 2019 2nd for Ghost + Simmonds + Lindblom.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Our whole division is loading up bigtime. Kings got Kovy. SJ and Vegas going hard after Tavares. Vegas also going hard after Karlsson. Calgary making a huge trade. Chia feels the pressure to do something. I'm calling it before it happens. Klefbom + Puljujarvi + Lucic + 2019 2nd for Ghost + Simmonds + Lindblom.

How good is Lindblom?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Man, you guys are in panic mode for some odd reason. Calgary made a sideways trade at best, L.A. got an old Kovy who hasn't played in the NHL in years and ???

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
All that build up for...

A SWAP OF f***ING 7THS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Seriously though, that's good. Cant have teams in our division getting better.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd rather have Chiarelli not do any "high level" trades. We will just end up being a worse team as a result. So far so good.

Reactions: NedPlimpton

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Lets not forget that Calgary just moved out their only RH shot D that can play the PP. Lets also not forget that not only did Calgary lose that deal in value, but they moved out 7.5M and the rumoured ask from Lindholm's camp on a long-term deal is 5M+. Have to think Hanifin gets similar money as well if signed to a long-term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad