Post-Game Talk: 8-1 loss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This is the craziest thing. As soon as it goes 4-1 you have to use that timeout!

Watch Pomo’s response at 11:28 of this video. He’s asked if Verhaeghe getting robbed on the 2-on-1 changed the game. What he says applies to every what-if, including using/not using a timeout

A timeout was not the difference between stopping the rush and not stopping it. Two intermissions couldn’t save us

Reactions: Idiot Stick and KW

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Paul does not think momentum is a factor each game is separate. But pressure to close out is a factor especially against a dangerous scoring team that has been a step away from exploding which we saw last night. I think Paul and his coaches have their toughest job now.

Also I asked the question to the board if it was wise to bring in the families a day before the game and nobody responded. I did not like it at all and it wasn’t a good look for a team that has experience in the Cup.

People forget that we had two losing streaks in the last 6 weeks of the regular season.

On a positive note we looked like a hockey town with the Amerant all but full last night.

Last edited:

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Watch Pomo’s response at 11:28 of this video. He’s asked if Verhaeghe getting robbed on the 2-on-1 changed the game. What he says applies to every what-if, including using/not using a timeout

A timeout was not the difference between stopping the rush and not stopping it. Two intermissions couldn’t save us

I get what you are saying but that timeout isn’t going to matter later on when it’s 8-1. Using a timeout to give everyone a breath could be helpful.

Laviolette is the best at using timeouts. I follow the flyers a lot and saw him do it while he was there multiple times. Team would be flat and down 2 or 3 goals, he uses the timeout and gets them going. He called timeout in the game 7 against Boston when they reversed swept them and were down 3-0 in that game.

I’m not saying it 100% would work. But to let your guys just get hammered without even trying is not the best call.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Definitely a frustrating night. That shortie given up early was a sign of what was to come the rest of the game but at least Benny came back. Seemed everything was going right for Edmonton but props to them for playing hard.

They turned it up a notch and we better be able to do the same at home, especially after getting run out of their barn like that.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
A 3-1 loss would have been easier to stomach than an 8-1 thrashing.

I'm a bit more annoyed today actually. Especially as I watched it with people cheering for the Oilers :ha:

Let's finish this on Tuesday. I still believe in this team. Although I'm going to be very nervous on Tuesday. Hope we get the first goal and play a good tight game like we have been doing for most of the season.

Also there is no way they threw this game to win at home on Tuesday. At least I hope not. That would have been incredibly stupid. No way professional players would do that.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
With the Oilers crowd chanting "We want the cup" in the 3rd period, you would think they're up 3-1 in the series.

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
I’ll probably end up at Funky Buddha or something for game 5. No way I can afford a ticket right now

Never been to Funky Buddha but the Quarterdeck by Sawgrass gets good on game day, at least it was for the ECF clinching game while i was there. Close to the arena too so if they win you might get a sea people dropping by after to celebrate!

Reactions: Gizmo Tkachuk

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Got my flights
I'm just gonna go to Sawgrass and wait till like 6 and see if prices drop. Toronto to Miami round trip is dirt cheap even on such short notice (only $300 US) but I can't justify paying $1200 for a game they might not win.
I’ll probably end up at Funky Buddha or something for game 5. No way I can afford a ticket right now
Idk if you are soloing it but my wife's not going with me so if I don't end up going and you need a 2nd first round's on me

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Sad thing is it would of been nice to get this over with on a weekend. Its a bit harder to watch a game from 3am to 6am on a weekday..
Football in evening, after that Jukola, then SCF game and had to leave early in the morning. I went to bed after 5-1 to get at least a little bit sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad