Value of: 2018 1st overall pick: What would your team be willing to give up?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I wouldn't do this as a Buffalo fan. Rather have Risto and the pick.

Why not? Dahlin is more franchise changing than Eichel is. Eichel/Dahlin combo for the next 15 years would be unreal.

Eichel/Reinhart/ROR/Mittelstadt/Asplund/Nylander as our top 6 and Dahlin/Scandella/Guhle are our top 3 dman. That is a contending team.

It doesn't matter though, no one is trading out of 1st overall

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
22 YO 60 point centre on the lowest scoring team in the league, who is still improving, and a top 5 pick? Depends on who wins the lottery, and where they are at in a rebuild, but that is a pretty good package.

Understandable. I don't think I'd do DET's pick and Larkin for #1 to be honest. As bad as I want Dahlin, you're robbing Peter to pay Paul.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
2018 1st overall pick: What would your team be willing to give up?

With Dahlin slated to go #1, we're talking about a guy with Connor McDavid/Auston Matthews pedigree and hype.

What would your team be willing to give up in order to acquire the 1st overall of 2018?
Um, anyone, even Provo

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
So a second line center or a franchise D man.....

Horvat is more of a 1A center than a 2nd line center (and if he isn’t, he is certainly trending that way).

Trading Horvat+ a 1st for Dahlin would be akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul. Yes, the Canucks would have a franchise D man, but now they’d have a serious lack of depth at center. Pettersson may not even trend as a center. With Henrik on the verge of retirement, the Canucks need atleast another young bonafide top center to complement Horvat.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Horvat is more of a 1A center than a 2nd line center (and if he isn’t, he is certainly trending that way).

Trading Horvat+ a 1st for Dahlin would be akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul. Yes, the Canucks would have a franchise D man, but now they’d have a serious lack of depth at center. Pettersson may not even trend as a center. With Henrik on the verge of retirement, the Canucks need atleast another young bonafide top center to complement Horvat.

Give the minor guys a chance?

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Is he the real deal? Its always hard to evaluate them early. This coming from a Jets fan with a Calder winner named Myers.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Give the minor guys a chance?

As much as I love Gaudette, I’m not sure if he’ll become as good as Horvat.......and even if he does, he’ll likely need 1-2 years to get up to speed. Pettersson might not even trend as a center.

I don’t know......for me, losing Horvat would be too big a blow and the Canucks would be taking too big a risk. The Canucks really need another young center to complement Horvat. Hopefully, Pettersson is that guy.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
2018 1st overall pick: What would your team be willing to give up?

With Dahlin slated to go #1, we're talking about a guy with Connor McDavid/Auston Matthews pedigree and hype.

What would your team be willing to give up in order to acquire the 1st overall of 2018?
Matthews Hype maybe, not even close to McDavid hype though.

Reactions: Bretzky

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
22 YO 60 point centre on the lowest scoring team in the league, who is still improving, and a top 5 pick? Depends on who wins the lottery, and where they are at in a rebuild, but that is a pretty good package.
24 years old in two week Center who only hit 50 points once is a 60 point center now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad