Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I mean in terms in NCAA prospects

The past 5-10 years the quality of NCAA free agents has dropped significantly. We still sign a couple every year just not many pan out league wide. Back in the day where quality guys would be available and less teams were going after them we were the best in the league at those type of signings.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Anaheim just isn't attractive for the 'top' college FA's (which is a crapshoot as it is) in the last decade as they have been a good team for most of that time. Typically college FA's want to either go to a big market team or a bad team where they can get onto the NHL roster straight away and get decent minutes - and Anaheim isn't able to offer any of that.

Not to mention I think Anaheim has done pretty well signing college FA's in the last few years - Boyle, Kossila and Sherwood are pretty good signings and while they aren't the 'sexy' names, they are all players who have legit shots at being NHL players in the future.

And wanting BM to overpay for a player in free agency is a pretty strange complaint, especially as this team isn't going to compete with the current head coach. For as annoying as some of BM's FA signings are - they are usually only for a year, to get a top UFA you're looking at a 5+ year contract that is usually terrible by year 3 or 4. We have enough rough looking contracts as it is.

Well Rowney, Sustr, Gibbons, Street, and Aberg make almost 5 million combined.
Outside of Sustr what is wrong with those players? They are either decent 4th line options (Rowney/Gibbons) or good AHL depth (Street/Aberg), and I'd say it's pretty obvious at this point that Anaheim doesn't just view San Diego as a place to develop young players, they want San Diego to be a good team every season so are happy to sign players to NHL level money contracts just to play in San Diego.

The only contract in terms of dollar amount on that list of players that is bad is Sustr - Rowney's contract is only bad purely from a length standpoint, not an AAV standpoint.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Henrique is playing wing with getzlaf tonight

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Henrique is playing wing with getzlaf tonight

Rakell on their right side or?

Despite the pair of Getz and Silf having not worked in the past, I wonder if they'd try them with Henrique, with the latter two showing great chemistry this year.

Henrique - Getzlaf - Kase has all kinds of interesting potential as well. I may as well mention Eaves as a potential candidate too, so as to cover all bases

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Rico-Getz-Rakell
Cogs-kesler-sherwood
Street-Steel-Aberg
Blandisi-Lundestrom-Gibbons
*Silf, game time decision

Pretty nasty looking forward lineup

D lines, the same

[inserts Tracy Morgan no gif]. Poor Lundy, if he manages to create anything with those wingers, he'll be a god amongst men.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
[inserts Tracy Morgan no gif]. Poor Lundy, if he manages to create anything with those wingers, he'll be a god amongst men.
Blandisi has some skill and definitely has a motor. I think putting Sherwood on the right side of those two would give you a line that could grind and not get easily scored on at least. Granted, with Gibbons it’s smurf central.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Rakell-Getzlaf-Aberg
Henrique-Kesler-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Steel-Gibbons
Blandisi-Lundestrom-Sherwood

Fowler-Welinski
Lindhom-Montour
Larsson-Manson

Gibson
Miller

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Anyone know which of the new assistants is responsible for designing the d zone coverage assignments now that Yawney is gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad