2016 World Cup of Hockey II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Bergy and Marshy can be called, money and golden now. Bergy with 6 gold championships for Canada, maybe unequalled. Marshy is the clutch guy and the new contract, he is money.

100% = 63 money and 37 golden

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Brad is a hero up north

CAN_NP.jpg

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I still think Marchand should have won mvp, but whatever. I didn't really care about this world cup bs. As long as the bruins players do well.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
What's the take on Chara? Best players in world with speed and skills?

Looks to me like grind and injuries could take him down but skills looked like 2013-14

The NHL season is a grind and full of injuries.

Team Europe for a minute, they actually had a ton of skill in that lineup. Hossa, Vanek, Gaborik, and Chara aren't in their prime anymore, but they are highly skilled. A short tournament allows older skilled guys to play their hearts out. Chara could be a Norris level defender over 5/10 games, but not over 82 anymore.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It was an exciting ending to a not-that-entertaining game.

Team Europe was but a few minutes away from partying like it was 1999 (the Dead Puck Era), and rightfully so, as that's what I was reminded of. They tried their best to win 1-0 and it almost worked.

It was reminiscent of DPE play in that they got the 1-0 lead, proceeded to squeeze off everything possible, which forced Canada to take chances, which led to odd man situations the other way. And it was on ESPN! ;)

Europe stifled the pace of the game, and Canada's frustration was palpable.

I still can't believe Tavares missed that open net - ouch!

Crosby is the best player with and without the puck, and his numbers are great. But when Marchand got the series-clinching goal shorthanded in the dying minute of the game, I thought perhaps - just perhaps - he might be awarded the MVP.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I expect Ralph Krueger to be coaching in the NHL shortly. His coaching during the WC was exceptional.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
He is the chairman of a English Premier League team. That's a pretty big step up from NHL coach I think ;).

I won't pretend to know what the salary is of either one. For him to have that kind of knowledge/ability in 2 sports at the highest level speaks volumes though.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Great job by Marchand and Bergeron. Dominant the whole tournament. Gained much respect for Marchand (always had it for Bergeron). Now it's back to hating them and you guys can hate Weber and Price.

cpt108364653-high-jpg.jpg

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Great job by Marchand and Bergeron. Dominant the whole tournament. Gained much respect for Marchand (always had it for Bergeron). Now it's back to hating them and you guys can hate Weber and Price.

cpt108364653-high-jpg.jpg

This on the heels of Marchand's summer bromance with Brendan Gallagher. Geez, what's the world coming to? ;)

I actually don't hate either Price or Weber; much respect for both of them, but I do hate the Bruins playing against them. Price is just so technically sound, and it's as if he's got ice water running through his veins.

Now Andrew Shaw, that's another story...

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I believe he is currently under contract with a soccer team.

Yes he is Chairman of Southampton FC in the Premier League but they let him do this even though their season has started. I think he might listen if the right opportunity in the NHL presented itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad