2016 World Cup of Hockey II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
So Yea, World Cup of Hockey. Everyone at the top of their game.

Score ends 2-1 Canada, first goal and kept the lead through most of the game, Zdeno Chara #33 Boston Bruins for Team Europe

Heroically on an amazing powerplay tip is Patrice Bergeron #37 Boston Bruins to tie it up ... are we done, no.

On the shorthanded goal comes Brad Marchand # 63 Boston Bruins which becomes the game winner for team Canada.

Also, Sidney Crosby played.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I watched that entire boring game only to walk away after the brutal call on Kopitar to tend to my feverish kid, then I come back to the post game celebration completely confused and dumbfounded.

Don't get me wrong I am happy for Marchand and his GWG was amazing but that was a weak ass call on Kopitar.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'm gonna miss watching Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron. Unreal stuff. I've been saying for years I thought Marchand would be perfect on Sid's wing -never even though of the possibility of Bergeron being there too.

Just perfect hockey.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bruins37

I hope I did not just hear Brian Boucher say that Crosby made Marchand and Bergeron stars at this tournament. Did anyone hear what he said, on NHL Network?

Last edited:

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Seidenberg had probably the worst game of anybody on the ice. I hope he can play better for the Islanders.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I watched that entire boring game only to walk away after the brutal call on Kopitar to tend to my feverish kid, then I come back to the post game celebration completely confused and dumbfounded.

Don't get me wrong I am happy for Marchand and his GWG was amazing but that was a weak ass call on Kopitar.

If you didn't like that one then just be glad you didn't see the one they called on Doughty with just under 2 to go. Oh, and the Kopitar penalty was legit.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly I was skeptical heading in but this tournament exceeded my expectations for pile of reasons. Quality entertainment all around.

Time to rename Marchand "money" instead of those other nicknames. If it weren't for a late goal in game 1, he would of had the tying AND winning goals in Game 1, and the comeback winner in Game 2.

Combine that with a new contract (at a great AAV) and this has been a fantastic week for Marchand. Hopefully now he's earned some respect, and won't be the most hated player in the sport. Probably stepped up to 2nd most hated at least.

Not to mention Bergeron having a very strong tournament of his own, and being a big part of one of the best lines the sport has ever seen really if you look at what they did in this tournament. 25 points between the three of them in 6 games. Unreal. Bergeron just keeps adding to his trophy case full of hockey hardware.

Hopefully we can put to bed this whole "Chara is too old, he's cooked, nonsense". Game 1 brutal turnover aside, he had a very strong tournament.

And even our old friend Seidenberg was able to show the hockey world he is still capable of playing in the world's best hockey league, and found himself a guaranteed contract.

All around, a great couple weeks for Bruins and Bruin fans.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
If you didn't like that one then just be glad you didn't see the one they called on Doughty with just under 2 to go. Oh, and the Kopitar penalty was legit.

I really think that call on Kopi was a little forced, can I see why it was called?

Yes.

But....with that being said it wasn't an over the top hold, I think it looked worse because they ran into Seidenberg and all fell, tough call given the time left/importance of game etc...

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The Doughty call wasn't legit? I thought he caught him with the stick.

Doughty barley grazed the top of the opponents helmet on a follow through of a clearing attempt. Meanwhile the player sold it, clutching his face as if he had been hit there.

Kopitar's penalty was as close to tackle as you can get without it being a tackle.

Both can be called a penalty or both can be ignored but if I could only make one call it would have been on Kopitar.

The point was that Kopitar's was more of a penalty than Doughty's in my opinion, hence why I suggested the poster was lucky he didn't see that one if he didn't like the Kopitar penalty.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Doughty barley grazed the top of the opponents helmet on a follow through of a clearing attempt. Meanwhile the player sold it, clutching his face as if he had been hit there.

Kopitar's penalty was as close to tackle as you can get without it being a tackle.

Both can be called a penalty or both can be ignored but if I could only make one call it would have been on Kopitar.

The point was that Kopitar's was more of a penalty than Doughty's in my opinion, hence why I suggested the poster was lucky he didn't see that one if he didn't like the Kopitar penalty.

Oh I see.

I thought both calls were "sold", but they were both legit.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I'm gonna miss watching Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron. Unreal stuff. I've been saying for years I thought Marchand would be perfect on Sid's wing -never even though of the possibility of Bergeron being there too.

Just perfect hockey.

That was really amazing stuff. That is a scary, scary line.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was disappointed that Bergeron wasn't wearing his gold Gold Gold!! GOLD!!!! T-shirt under his uniform :laugh:

Also, every Canadian Bruin should wear that 37 + 63 = 100 shirt like Joe morrow had when they get back for their first Bruins practice.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It was a follow through on a clearing attempt so it's debatable. The difference is that Canada pulled up their jocks and scored while on the PK.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Marchand and the B's were able to overcome that $500k difference you kept talking about, and get a very Cap-friendly deal done?

Should I be holding my breath?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

Just perfect hockey.

Kinda crazy, but...

Marchand - Krejci - Bergeron
beleskey - Backes - Pasta
XXX - Spooner - XXX
4th line

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
International rules. It's only debateable if contact was made, which I'm pretty sure it was.

Not international rules, tournament was played under NHL rules, call was suspect but after the Kopitar call, which was legit they called it right, care and control of stick, I believe that the right call was made.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm ecstatic that all of our guys are coming home uninjured and ready to go after playing excellent hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad