World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Europe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
This tournament turns into more of a joke each and every day.

Canadian Paul Maurice is on Team Europe's staff. This is the team that's most likely going to just toy around and not care whatsoever, and can't wait to see it.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't get how this is weird to you. Did you know that R.Kruger, the former coach of Switzerland, was in Canadian coaching stuff in Sochi? Did you know that numerous canadian coaches coached Team Switzerland in the past? Or even Team Slovakia or Belarus? I'm not sure now, but I think some canadian coach was the head coach for Finland, a few years back.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
That is a very good comparison. But, if you named your party "the best in the town", and you knew that majority of the best wouldn't show up, would you really try to excuse that to your audience? Maybe you would change the name then.
No one's calling it best-on-best, as far as I recall.

But I think the name is okay. While it doesn't feature all the World's best players, it does still feature the World's best hockey countries. And nothing but.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
This tournament turns into more of a joke each and every day.

Canadian Paul Maurice is on Team Europe's staff. This is the team that's most likely going to just toy around and not care whatsoever, and can't wait to see it.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

No matter what happens with this tournament, you are going to say it was a disaster. Even if the league makes a ton of money and gets good ratings, so why would anyone care what you think anyway?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
No one's calling it best-on-best, as far as I recall.

But I think the name is okay. While it doesn't feature all the World's best players, it does still feature the World's best hockey countries. And nothing but.

What best players are not playing?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
oh, ok. didnt follow the whole thing, so figured it was another complaint about this tournament.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Gáborík - Kopitar - Hossa
Vanek - Draisatl - Zuccarello
Wolski - Grabovski - Tatar
Boedker - Nielsen - Hansen
Niederreiter

Chára - Meszároš
Sekera - Josi
Streit - Ehrhoff

Halák
Andersen
Berra

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
That is a very good comparison. But, if you named your party "the best in the town", and you knew that majority of the best wouldn't show up, would you really try to excuse that to your audience? Maybe you would change the name then.

Yes, but if you're borrowing the World Cup name, people are already thinking what it entails based on other sports and their World Cups. There's no denying other sports over decades had already established what a World Cup is, and the NHL decided to just borrow it while offering something does not resemble what the minker entails.

Hell. even baseball's World Baseball Classic is more warranting of going with the World Cup moniker than this tournament despite about 10 countries not being invited to even the qualis.

Aceonfire*

Niederreiter

Chára - Meszároš
Sekera - Josi
Streit - Ehrhoff

Halák
Andersen
Berra

I think that 2nd line would be perfect. They compliment each other well.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Team leftovers is such a travesty. Anybody actually want to see them play?

How to kill this Frankenstein? Reddit campaign to spam NHL?

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
I don't get how this is weird to you. Did you know that R.Kruger, the former coach of Switzerland, was in Canadian coaching stuff in Sochi? Did you know that numerous canadian coaches coached Team Switzerland in the past? Or even Team Slovakia or Belarus? I'm not sure now, but I think some canadian coach was the head coach for Finland, a few years back.

We do not speak of the Team Slovakia coach who must not be named. That experiment went terrible. Tried to coach a grinding NA style kind of game which just did not sit well with our national team.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Niederreiter

Chára - Meszároš
Sekera - Josi
Streit - Ehrhoff

Halák
Andersen
Berra

Wolski is Canadian, at least according to the IIHF. Not sure what eligibility rules this tournament will be using

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
John Scott in the All star game is nothing compared to these two teams in Hockey World Cup.

kulenova seka

Is there any hope that players like Gaborik, Chara, Josi, Streit, Draisatil will boycote this circus of "tournament" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad