2016 Tank race for the spoils AKA Inverse Standings Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
We at most need 71 points to have a good chance at 30th, which means 3 wins and 4 losses. I think that's probably realistic given how this team has performed in the past couple of weeks.
No way the Oilers get 4 more points. We need to stop ****ing around and go total tank

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
We at most need 71 points to have a good chance at 30th, which means 3 wins and 4 losses. I think that's probably realistic given how this team has performed in the past couple of weeks.

Oilers after tonight (they're currently losing) have 3 games left, we've got 7 and they're 2 points (a single win) ahead of us.

Then there's the other 4 or 5 teams only 3 or 4 points up on us.

I'm resigned to the likelihood that the Oilers will take last place almost certainly at this point.

The other teams are pretty worrisome too.

The only thing that might help is Oilers and Canucks and I think Flames play each other at the end so guaranteed points there for them.

I hate to say it but I'm glad we're starting to lose some of the steam here, the team was playing great and I loved it but enough was enough :laugh: Let's rack up some losses!

I just want to finish bottom 3 at least and hopefully bottom 2. Last seems really unlikely because of the Oilers but maybe they'll win their last 3 games somehow?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

No way the Oilers get 4 more points. We need to stop ****ing around and go total tank

The games against Buffalo and Columbus have massive standings implications with the Leafs

I'd be less worried about the Oilers and more worried about the Leafs moving up more than just 1/2 spots in the standings.

Another game tomorrow and then every other night for the rest of the year. Hopefully another loss tomorrow starts a bit of a free fall the rest of the way .. Good thing the Leafs play Florida twice, and the Red Wings/Flyers who are battling for that wild card spot

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Edmonton plays vancouver back to back last 2 games. hopefully one of those teams pick up the points. :laugh:

Ducks 2-0 over Oilers
Those will be classics. Vancouver does not want to win at all so it will be hilarious watching how the Oilers will blow it

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
yea it matters. he's played really well the past few games. he's the main reason we're sitting at 65 points. sparks has been horrendous compared to bernier.

I think the young talent that has been called who are enthusiastic and vamped up about getting a small taste in the NHL have been more of a bigger reason why we have 65 points. Bernier sees the kids trying and showing effort so he bit the bullet and is buckling down with the young talent playing in front of him. He doesn't want to disappoint them with the effort they've shown.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I think the young talent that has been called who are enthusiastic and vamped up about getting a small taste in the NHL have been more of a bigger reason why we have 65 points. Bernier sees the kids trying and showing effort so he bit the bullet and is buckling down with the young talent.
Then somebody better have a word with him. Preferably Lou

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
The games against Buffalo and Columbus have massive standings implications with the Leafs

I'd be less worried about the Oilers and more worried about the Leafs moving up more than just 1/2 spots in the standings.

Another game tomorrow and then every other night for the rest of the year. Hopefully another loss tomorrow starts a bit of a free fall the rest of the way .. Good thing the Leafs play Florida twice, and the Red Wings/Flyers who are battling for that wild card spot

yeah it's the columbus and sabres game (but we play in buffalo and we know our luck there) that's more worrisome. If Red Wings and Flyers can't beat us, they probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
yeah it's the columbus and sabres game (but we play in buffalo and we know our luck there) that's more worrisome. If Red Wings and Flyers can't beat us, they probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

I'm guessing Babcock plays Sparks in that game to help his former team :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad