2016 Tank race for the spoils AKA Inverse Standings Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMT

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Refs wtf Created an offside when the puck was not even close to the line. Even Ducks announcers are saying there was no offside. There was still 10 seconds and Oilers had the puck in the offensive zone, could have scored, who knows. Oh well :shakehead

Evileye

Jul 20, 2002
Visit site
I guess that play by McDavid to keep the puck onside was so good the linesman didn't believe it happened.

Why would the linesman call an offside there?
With video review, if he lets it go and he's wrong the play will be reversed if there is a goal. No big deal - the right call will get made. Instead he blows it dead and it wasn't offside and he cost the Oilers a scoring chance...

tokyoite

I changed my name from "nipponjin" last summer.
Feb 22, 2015
Tokyo metropolitan area JPN
Why? We've actually had a contending team, and this is just the end of it. We're going through a phase. We need an elite player more than any team in the NHL does. You guys have Nylander, Rielly, Marner, and Kadri to build around... We'll be lucky if Virtanen, Horvat, McCann, Hutton, Tryamkin etc turn out to be decent top 6/top 4 players.. Our biggest 'guarantee' of it is Boeser, but that's just a start...

We were the best team in the league just 5 years ago, and also a very good team who won the president's again 4 years ago... It's not like we've even had a top 5 pick since the Sedin twins. I think you can call teams like Edmonton a joke for tanking but the Canucks? I dunno. Maybe cause our GM is an idiot, sure, but the franchise? Needed very badly. All I can say is good luck with your tank, cause you could use another top player too, but it isn't fair to get mad at us for it when you went IN to the season wanting to tank. Just sayin.

please go back to your den. you're not supposed to complain us here.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Domingues is absolute trash. Calgary gonna pick up points forsure tonight.

Winnipeg got a point

We lost

Decent night

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
The Oilers finish the season with 2 games vs. Vancouver and 1 vs. Calgary.

I've watched the last few Oilers games and they can actually apply pressure and score.

If the Oilers pick up 4 of a possible 6 points, we can go 3-4-0 or 2-3-2 and still finish last overall.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
I just want one of the Finns or Matthews. I really hope we don't fall out of the top 3. If we do, then I am kind of hoping Leafs take Nylander, he's making a strong case for himself and will probably be drafted fourth.

In preference:

1) Matthews
2) Laine
3) Pul
4) Nylander

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Coyotes feed was showing highlights of Dvorak's goals, but they basically just showed a Marner highlight reel as they were all tap ins set up by amazing plays from Mitch. :laugh:

(Okay there were a couple from team USA too.)

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I just want one of the Finns or Matthews. I really hope we don't fall out of the top 3. If we do, then I am kind of hoping Leafs take Nylander, he's making a strong case for himself and will probably be drafted fourth.

In preference:

1) Matthews
2) Laine
3) Pul
4) Nylander

Pretty much this. What are the odds on picking 4th if you finish dead last?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
The Oilers finish the season with 2 games vs. Vancouver and 1 vs. Calgary.

I've watched the last few Oilers games and they can actually apply pressure and score.

If the Oilers pick up 4 of a possible 6 points, we can go 3-4-0 or 2-3-2 and still finish last overall.

That assumes Vancouver picks up 4-5 points. Not sure that happens with the way they're going. I think we need to go like 2-5 to have a shot at last.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
attachment.php

courtesy of user Sabretooth

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Hoping for Vancouver to pick up their game in their 2 games against SJS, don't they usually do very well against the Sharks?

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
You guys wanna hear something amazing?

The Edmonton Oilers acquired Griffin Reinhart at the 2015 draft in a trade.

Griffin Reinhart is horrendous.

Edmonton basically gave up Mathew Barzal and Travis Dermott for Reinhart.

The Oilers can win the Matthews sweepstakes but that is the worst run organization in sports.

brettzz

Jul 20, 2014
luckily all the oils last games are huge tank games so no matter what the outcome it helps us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad