2016 Rio Olympics | CYCLING | August 6th thru August 21st

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
the french guy was all over the place somehow managed to be 2nd in the elimination. Great win by viviani... don't know the actual GC but love this elimination thing

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Viviani has a great chance to win gold.

If Hansen had not been the 1st guy eliminated in the elimination race he probably would be the fav to win gold... he's the best at time-trial and the gap in points would be too much IMO.
The classification has set an amazing day for tomorrow

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Elia Viviani was IMMENSE today, not even a crash could stop him! Fantastic and well deserved gold, after so many missed chances at London 2012 and worlds.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Forgot to say, the 2nd to Cavendish with an * because he should be DQ and hopefully he is... Sent a guy to the hospital today

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Forgot to say, the 2nd to Cavendish with an * because he should be DQ and hopefully he is... Sent a guy to the hospital today

Would think they would have already DQ'd him. Would be ridiculous to give him a medal and then change it after.

He was very lucky though.

From the Guardian;

"“None of the riders coming through the mixed zone seem to be
registering a protest. Denmark’s Hansen, who came third, was
unperturbed. ‘**** happens,’ he said. So silver seems to be in the
bag.”"

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Sour grapes by the German reporter. I never heard them talking about a sport being boring when Germany dominates the women's luge.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
So, looking at track cycling, out of a possible 10 Golds GB ended up with 6 along with 4 Silvers and a Bronze.

Dayumm.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, watching this at lunch. The course looks bizarre with painted track and fake turf...only I'm Rio I guess.. The falls are brutal! The Brit that blew up was the guy that said before the redesign that it was too dangerous to race.

I heard in the track races earlier this week that one of the racers switched out of BMX because it was so dangerous. No kidding.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Wow, so a guy in the 2nd heat of QF went 2:25 in the first run (leaders do 35 sec.) and finished 7. Then 6th in the 2nd wave and won the 3rd wave and he'll be in the semis... crazy that you can show up for one race and get through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad