2016 Opening Night Defense

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
That'd be a fun defense. And once one of McQ or Killer gets healthy, you send O'Gara back down. Great chance though for Carlo and/or O'Gara to grab a spot and never give it up. Same thing with Chiller to a certain extent.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
With Kevan and McQuaid hurt.

2016:

Krug-McQuaid
Irwin-Kevan
Morrow-Trotman
Colin

2017:

Chara-Carlo
Krug-O'Gara
Liles-Colin
Morrow

At the very least, the defense will skate much better on opening night.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

LH Depth chart:
1. Krug
2. Chara
3. Liles
4. O'Gara

RH Depth chart:
1. K. Miller
2. Carlo
3. C.Miller
4. McQuaid

Perhaps look at getting O'Gara and Carlo games whenever you can in Providence. Rotate C.Miller and Carlo to Chara's right side (not sure of K.Miller/Quaider's respective injury situations, but it could lead to having both in the lineup right away).

There's a lot of youth, but also a lot of experience here. It may work.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

LH Depth chart:
1. Krug
2. Chara
3. Liles
4. O'Gara

RH Depth chart:
1. K. Miller
2. Carlo
3. C.Miller
4. McQuaid

Perhaps look at getting O'Gara and Carlo games whenever you can in Providence. Rotate C.Miller and Carlo to Chara's right side (not sure of K.Miller/Quaider's respective injury situations, but it could lead to having both in the lineup right away).

There's a lot of youth, but also a lot of experience here. It may work.

For what it's worth, both O'Gara and Liles have played on the right side. I think O'Gara spent the entire preseason at RD.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't know how the D will look in a month or two, but I can't get over how excited I am that there are finally some prospects making legitimate pushes into this team's lineup.

Seeing guys like Ehrhoff and Mueller cleanly beat out for jobs in camp is such a refreshing change from years past when the kids couldn't manage to beat out the likes of Simon Gagne and Matt Irwin for NHL jobs. It has been a slow process, but it feels like the Bruins re-commitment to drafting and development is finally starting to pay off.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Who would you pair O'Gara with on the right side?

Not sure if I like breaking him in on his off-hand side, but I can't deny how good he looked in that spot.

I think he would be fine next to either Krug or Liles depending on what you want his zone starts to look like. Krug would give him more offensive starts than defensive and he would in turn give Krug some size on the back end. Not to mention I think he's filling in for Kevan/McQuaid most likely before going back down. I see those two slotting in next to Krug.

I would do

Krug-O'Gara
Liles-Colin

O'Gara gets protected with zone strats, Colin gets protected with ice time and 3rd pairing assignments. Evaluate after a few games and go from there.

This also means Carlo is getting thrown in the deep end next to Chara. He's looked really good and frankly is probably the best choice right now to play next to him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Who would you pair O'Gara with on the right side?

Not sure if I like breaking him in on his off-hand side, but I can't deny how good he looked in that spot.

I found it peculiar that O'Gara played the entire preseason on the right side. You would think that he would of gotten some time on his natural side, it's not like they didn't hav e options in this regard.

Might be a case where O'Gara flat out told them he is more comfortable on his off-side. I'm sure he'll play whatever they ask him to. But some lefties are just more comfortable on their off-side, depends on the player. In which case I don't have an issue with him breaking in there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Marchand I saw something special watching memorial cup..Jordan, well I was impressed with his gal Eugene Bouchard. :):nod:

Bouchard`s career going much the way of Caron`s recently, gives the two plenty of time to spend with one another with all the early exits from tournaments:laugh:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
There are 10 defensemen still left around, the final preseason game just ended. Who do you think should still be here after Tuesday? They carried 8 last year for most of it so we can set the limit to that for now. Ideally they would only have 7.

at beginning of camp i would have never thought either carlo or OGara would make opening night lineup... even with injuries

its been a few years since ive been this surprised... add both czarik and heinen making the forward group and this is a massive infusion of youth

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
at beginning of camp i would have never thought either carlo or OGara would make opening night lineup... even with injuries

its been a few years since ive been this surprised... add both czarik and heinen making the forward group and this is a massive infusion of youth

Good drafting is starting to pay off.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland

For some reason, I am really excited to see 4 rookies on the roster. Last year the new guys scared me(rightfully so), now...not so much.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Hopefully the young guys will take off and Clode won't be able to pry them out of there. As with many, I was most impressed with Carlo this preseason. I just assumed they'd play the vets and send the kids down, because of money and Clode. Injuries might have done us a huge solid.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What happens now when K. Miller and Quaider comeback?

Ok still a few more games to see who is for real

I think Carlo will stick around. Lil Z

C. Miller sounds like he finally has it together

Maybe O'Gara and Liles will sit out?

between O'Gara, liles and Mcquaid, who would you choose ?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
What happens now when K. Miller and Quaider comeback?

Ok still a few more games to see who is for real

I think Carlo will stick around. Lil Z

C. Miller sounds like he finally has it together

Maybe O'Gara and Liles will sit out?

between O'Gara, liles and Mcquaid, who would you choose ?

O'Gara to the AHL if he's struggling. If not McQuaid sits. Liles keeps Chara off the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad