2016 MLB Talk Part II - Mets, Yankees, etc

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hopefully MLB doesn't double down on this stupid nonsense by suspending Thor and/or Collins. Maybe he put his hands on the ump but why should the ump get away with touching him first or making an overofficious call that affected the game needlessly?

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Annnnnnnnd Pounce

Pinheada strikes again. I dont give a **** who Joe replace his lazy arse.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One Hit Yankees??????? Whatever its a win

Was a weird one, these types of games rarely happen. Though since I don't have enough time to watch baseball these days, maybe they happen more than I think? I rarely see one hit wins.

Got to attend today's game, always go to a couple every year in Tampa. My friend gets tickets. I'd much rather go to Citifield, Yankee Stadium or Coors Field, as I'm not big on indoor baseball games. At least there's AC.:laugh:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Was a weird one, these types of games rarely happen. Though since I don't have enough time to watch baseball these days, maybe they happen more than I think? I rarely see one hit wins.

Got to attend today's game, always go to a couple every year in Tampa. My friend gets tickets. I'd much rather go to Citifield, Yankee Stadium or Coors Field, as I'm not big on indoor baseball games. At least there's AC.:laugh:

That has to be weird. Plus that field has to be the ugliest fields in the league.

However the AC would be a plus.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That has to be weird. Plus that field has to be the ugliest fields in the league.

However the AC would be a plus.:laugh:

The whole stadium is ugly! The inside is beyond bland looking! No wonder they want a new stadium. :laugh::laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The whole stadium is ugly! The inside is beyond bland looking! No wonder they want a new stadium. :laugh::laugh:
But on the plus side you have a tank in right center with live rays. I think if there is a new stadium there should be a manatee tank as well because they are cute and friendly!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

It's bland, but it's very clean. I still think it's nicer than Citi ****ing Field. I don't know what they were thinking there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But on the plus side you have a tank in right center with live rays. I think if there is a new stadium there should be a manatee tank as well because they are cute and friendly!
I actually think the tank with the Rays are cool. I like things like that. I just enjoy being outside for baseball games, which is why I'm not a fan of domed stadiums for baseball in warm weather. But at least it is climate controlled.
It's bland, but it's very clean. I still think it's nicer than Citi ****ing Field. I don't know what they were thinking there.
Citified is fine to me, but the old Yankee Stadium was quite unique. I remember there being roaches in the restrooms once in a while.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Watching the Met offense is like watching the Devils offense...nine walks by White Sox pitchers, NINE! Freaking Jacob deGrom got two free passes. ONE STINKING RUN through eight innings :rant:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Watching the Met offense is like watching the Devils offense...nine walks by White Sox pitchers, NINE! Freaking Jacob deGrom got two free passes. ONE STINKING RUN through eight innings :rant:

Maybe its a New York thing.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Detroit swung their way to a loss in the 9th.
Bases loaded and no out and a batter swings at a 1-0 count.
Then hits into a double play.

Not winning baseball but seems to be the norm these days.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Detroit swung their way to a loss in the 9th.
Bases loaded and no out and a batter swings at a 1-0 count.
Then hits into a double play.

Not winning baseball but seems to be the norm these days.

Which is why I wasn't so upset when KC won last year. Smart baseball. You don't have to hit a 5 run home run every time you get up to bat.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Remember when Mike Pelfrey was going to be the ace?

He won his first in his last 19 starts

How he manages to keep getting starting rotation spots and contracts is one of the great baseball mysteries out there.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Talked to a Braves fan this morning at softball.

He thinks their rebuild will take 5 to 7 seasons.

Holy Hell. As a Yankee fan I starting to think the same.

They are just horrible one night look decent another. Even on their decent night they almost give it back.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Talked to a Braves fan this morning at softball.

He thinks their rebuild will take 5 to 7 seasons.

It took the Mets 5 years to rebuild and they were ahead of schedule. I'd say the same thing about the Cubs. Rebuilding takes a long time in baseball and the Braves are nowhere close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad