Speculation: 2016-2017 Trade Rumors III - Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Locker room issues is an understatement at this point. He comports himself like a classless moron OFF the ice too, and the most recent set of shenanigans has criminal charges reportedly filed against him. For Winnipeg's sake I wanted them to trade him a while ago. Then they did. The thought of him coming to the Ducks disgusts me.

Yeah, the criminal charges definitely adds to all of this. I'd have a hard time seeing Murray wanting to add that level of immaturity, but when you combine it with legal problems, I think Murray crosses his name off the list.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Seravalli just said on 1260 that Gabriel Landeskog is going to make his debut on the TSN Trade Bait board. To be posted within hours. #Avs

God, I don't ask for too many things, but please let this happen.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Seravalli just said on 1260 that Gabriel Landeskog is going to make his debut on the TSN Trade Bait board. To be posted within hours. #Avs

Fowler + Ritchie + ?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

I don't want to move Fowler, but if the basis of a trade was Fowler for Landeskog....I could live with that. Landeskog would be great on this team and is is signed long term at a great price.

And then I would start to pray that Vatanen/Lindholm/Manson take another step forward to try and cover the loss on D.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
For those curious about what was said here...

I started a thread in the Trade Forum discussing the CBA provisions for re-negotiating terms of not-already-current contracts. Interesting stuff...

paine

Jun 4, 2007
For those curious about what was said here...

I started a thread in the Trade Forum discussing the CBA provisions for re-negotiating terms of not-already-current contracts. Interesting stuff...

re: CBA rules - Thanks for digging that up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
''Hey Kev, i give you this chocolate bar and half of my Pokemon cards, but please please please accept to wave for Vegas. It`s really cool there!!!!1''

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
re: CBA rules - Thanks for digging that up.

How is Bob imagining doing that?

Not so fast, it appears I have made a fool of myself :( Renegotiating the terms of contracts is only permitted if the league determines a contract to be null and void, which is to say we cannot renegotiate the terms of Bieksa's contract extension because it has already been approved by the league.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
If BM is pursuing this I would expect something to get done that keeps Bieksa's rights to block being moved out of Anaheim while not causing the team to lose a key piece in the expansion draft because of his NMC - because at the end of the day the guy waived here to win a Cup I can't see him willingly weakening the team if he can make sure he stays.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I would think Vegas would pick Bieksa up though. I've never been through the process of expansion, but I would think not that many good dmen will be available and Bieksa could be a veteran presence and his contract can get them above the cap floor.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Landeskog would be a great fit but it`s not happening because he is more expensive than Fowler, just forget it

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
I would have no hesitation packing Fowler+ for Landeskog. He is I think the missing top 6 piece we have always needed.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I don't see any way a wing starved team in the same conference as us would be willing to trade us their cost-controlled first line winger. Unless we blew them away with an offer... Like at least: Fowler, Ritchie, 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad