2016-17 Waivers Thread Part II

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, I think Fehr gets claimed by a team like Nashville, so this move is basically just clearing out salary. I'm happy about this, not having to worry about Fehr's $2 million cap hit next year is valuable in itself if he gets claimed.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Would love the Canucks to pick up Joseph Cramarossa. Huge upgrade over Chaput & Megna. Plus with Burrows gone the Canucks could use some help.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I wonder why he was waived. I thought he was doing pretty good on the 4th line.

As a ducks fan love this guy. Not much skill( but have seen worse) but tries very hard, spark plug who sticks up for his teammates . No way he clears . Hope he does well wherever he lands. Wonder why BM couldn't just add him in a trade instead of losing him for nothing.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
As a ducks fan love this guy. Not much skill (but have seen worse) but tries very hard, spark plug who sticks up for his teammates . No way he clears . Hope he does well wherever he lands. Wonder why BM couldn't just add him in a trade instead of losing him for nothing.

Just speculation here, but maybe it's making room for Vermette when he comes back. If we make a deal for another RW or C, Vermette will probably play mostly on the wings (while still winning a ton of draws and playing on PK). Seems like Shaw is here to stay as long as RC is the coach, so I don't expect Shaw to sit much, and just recently against LA we played him over Cram. I'll be a little upset if Crammer gets claimed, but he's not irreplaceable. Hopefully he clears and he stays on the roster (unless there's another trade).

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013
What's the rule about post-deadline waivers? I can't tell from the CBA.

Technically, could the Golden Knights pick up players on Waivers? :D

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
What's the rule about post-deadline waivers? I can't tell from the CBA.

Technically, could the Golden Knights pick up players on Waivers? :D

Teams are not allowed to loan a player to the AHL (unless they are returning them after a loan initiated after the deadline - either one of the four allotted loans or an emergency loan).

Vegas cannot make any transactions with any players with an NHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad