Confirmed Signing with Link: 2016-17 Prospect Signings Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Individual Threads?

Some of these prospects deserve their own thread no? Some deserve their own discussion about prospects for making/succeeding in the NHL. Feels like people don't check this thread (even though it's pinned) as they do the rumors/signings below, so I think a lot of valuable information on each prospect is being missed.

Just don't see the downside of posting a thread for each individual prospect and if there's nothing to discuss, it will disappear quickly. However if there is much to discuss then that will make for an excellent thread...

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Some of these prospects deserve their own thread no? Some deserve their own discussion about prospects for making/succeeding in the NHL. Feels like people don't check this thread (even though it's pinned) as they do the rumors/signings below, so I think a lot of valuable information on each prospect is being missed.

Just don't see the downside of posting a thread for each individual prospect and if there's nothing to discuss, it will disappear quickly. However if there is much to discuss then that will make for an excellent thread...

First off, the most well-known prospects (First rounders, highly-regarded NCAA or European UFAs) tend to get their own threads, but most of these signings don't generate much discussion (Don't agree? Check out Neal Pionk, one of the most highly-regarded NCAA UFA prospects this year, his signing barely got 2 pages of discussion, most of it making jokes about his name).

Secondly, Chicago has already signed 10 players since the start of the season. If most teams do the same thing, that's 310 additional threads that don't really generate much discussion.

Thirdly, there's no problem with people finding this thread, it has over 63,000 views.

Lastly, there's an entire forum dedicated to the discussion of prospects, their chances of making it and succeeding in the NHL.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Their team's fans write them up on their board.

I come here everytime I noticed that there is a new posting by looking at the time and date.

NYRangers1153

Jul 15, 2015
Leafs PR ✔@LeafsPR
The @MapleLeafs announced today they have signed free agents Calle Rosén & Andreas Borgman to two-year entry level contracts #TMLtalk
4:01 PM - 16 May 2017

NYRangers1153

Jul 15, 2015
Hey caley could you please add Roope Hintz to Dallas and Vadim Shipachyov to Vegas on the first page thank you

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Hey caley could you please add Roope Hintz to Dallas and Vadim Shipachyov to Vegas on the first page thank you

Hintz is there. Shipachyov isn't a prospect based on the standards I'm going by (26 and over, not eligible for the Calder) so he's in the Free Agent signings thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad